Adult teeth to grow back

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

guinyc22

Adult teeth to grow back

#1 Post by guinyc22 »

Hello all,

I have a question about the adult teeth growing back. I know it varies, there are tons of factors. But I just wanted to know on average how long it took for their adult teeth to grow back.

Next week they will be yanking 3 baby teeth that I still have! And they're putting on the Ice braces to make space for the adult teeth. They are just there, not impacting anything yet. I really don't mind getting the braces, but I do mind having 3 teeth removed!

Feedback welcomed! Thanks.

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I don't think you mean "growing them back." What you mean is that the adult teeth are impacted in your jaw, and that the ortho will bring them down and into place.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

guinyc22

grow back reply

#3 Post by guinyc22 »

What I mean by grow back is.... I have the baby teeth right now. The adult teeth are not impacting anything they just never came down because the baby teeth never loosened. They only figured this out by Xrays. So its not impacting me, just yet. But the adults are there ready to come down. My question was, they're going to extract the baby teeth so the adult ones can now come down. I wanted to know on average how long they take to fully grow and fill the gap.

mayday

#4 Post by mayday »

I was wondering this too.

My problem is my baby teeth never fell out, and the adult teeth erupted, but in malposition. They actually rest behind my line of bottom teeth. My Dr. plans on extracting the baby teeth and pulling forward the malpositioned adult ones.

I also have an impacted baby tooth on the top. I'm afraid of the gaps that I'll encounter!

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

I think it is impacted. Here's the definition of Impacted tooth (from medline medical encyclopedia):

An impacted tooth is a tooth that fails to fully emerge through the gums.

There are a lot of folks here who have gone through this process. Do a search for "impacted canine" and see what comes up. Some people here who's stories you might want to look at: missingtooth, joplin, firefly. If I recall.... :?

I have been amazed at how many people are walking around with baby teeth until they get braces as an adult and have them pulled.

Best of luck to ya!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm