I'm new here

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jadeli

I'm new here

#1 Post by jadeli »

Hi, I'm Jayda, I'm seventeen years old, and I'm from Canada. I have a severe open bite (I can stick out my tongue through my teeth when I'm biting down and smiling, which is actually a pretty sweet trick to show people, but apparently it's not a good thing teehee). I've known for a while that I would need to get jaw surgery. I've been wearing braces since March 2005, and I actually don't mind them much. I just went to my oral surgeon for another consultation yesterday, and found out that my surgery date is going to be February 21 of next year, 4 days before my 18th birthday :-P. I'm really nervous about it, but I know that it will improve my quality of life and my appearance. I've had so much trouble in the past eating, speaking, etc. and I'm just ready to have a normal mouth LOL. So hi everyone. :-)

overseasmel

#2 Post by overseasmel »

Hi Jayda. Welcome to our little community!

Mel

Braced 20 Nov 06. Sentenced to 18-30 months. Released 23 Feb 09 (27 months and 3 days).
Uppers: 3M Clarity Ceramic. Lowers: Damon 3MX.
SARPE 21 April 06 and 7.5 months in expander (on for 2 weeks before surgery), turning to a width of 14.5mm.

vivi21

#3 Post by vivi21 »

congrats!! :D & welcome let us know of your progress :tingrin:
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

joney

#4 Post by joney »

Hi Jayda

I have an openbite too and can do the same trick with sticking my tongue through the front of my teeth! I never even realised that this was not the norm until recently!!

Good luck with the surgery, I like your attitude, I'm sure you'll be fine, it's normal to be nervous about surgery but as you say it is going to be such a good thing for you.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

Happy to have you! Good luck with all of your treatment!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm