another newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

suzy58

another newbie

#1 Post by suzy58 »

Hi everyone. I have been reading posts on this site for a few weeks now and have decided to introduce myself. I'm a 48 year old mother of four- 16 - 10.

Had my top braces fitted Sept 28th 2006 and will have the bottom ones fitted on the Jan 2nd 2007. Great way to start the year!
I have ceramics on the top and will have metal on the bottom.

I am amazed at the change that I can see already with my teeth. Funnily enough, I didn't get braces because my teeth are crooked - which they are- but because I have a missing tooth in the lower teeth and my teeth are moving across and back.

When I first had the braces fitted I wondered if I had done the right thing because my crooked teeth had never really worried me and they were part of my identity. Now that I can see the changes happening already I am really excited about the prospect of having straight teeth.

My ortho suggested a time frame of 24 months but I think it may take longer than that as he was going to put my lower braces on at my last visit but decided to put it off until Jan. That was a bit disappointing but I am resigned to the prospect of turning 50 and still being braced.

I have gained a lot of useful information from this site - so thanks for that.

Code: Select all

[list][/list]
[/quote]

karebear46168

#2 Post by karebear46168 »

:-1
Welcome!

Samantha19

Welcome!

#3 Post by Samantha19 »

Welcome!

As a newbie myself (1 week in braces) I know what it's like.
Samantha

Tooth-Colored Brackets and a white wire for 8 months.

Braces are off! Retainer coming soon

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

G'day from Sydney. And it's a lovely day here today, too.

I was also less concerned about crooked teeth. My main problem was an open bite where more than half of my teeth did not make contact. That had bugged me for a long time and like others I'd procrastinated for many years.

Looking at where I'm now (it will be a year in Feb), I don't have any regrets.

LucyVanity

#5 Post by LucyVanity »

hello and welcome!

Tin Indian

#6 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Welcome to the club suzy58!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

suzy58

#7 Post by suzy58 »

Thanks for your warm welcome everyone.

I'm so glad I found this site. It makes the journey that much easier knowing that I'm not alone! :D

suzy58

#8 Post by suzy58 »

Karen, my husband is a Kiwi and two of our boys are Kiwis! We lived in NZ for five years after getting married and our two middle boys were born while we were there. We have spent many hours on planes getting there and back for holidays.

:-1