day 2 of 730

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VoolyVoo

day 2 of 730

#1 Post by VoolyVoo »

at 28.5 years old, i am finally able to afford braces for myself. growing up, my mom always thought they were "barbaric" and told me my teeth were "cute". i have been self concious of them all my life and have always wanted to change them. on january 3, 2007 i took the begining steps with 6 extractions -- all 4 wisdom, and 2 in the front. one was a baby tooth that caused the incisor to move next to the front tooth because there was never an adult replacement to take its place. the other extraction was a peg lateral that i had bonded at age 19. i went through 2 weeks of pain and embarrasment of missing teeth in public, then got the braces on january 18. they are damon braces and have been fairly painless so far. it hurts to eat and i cant really close my teeth in their natural bite because my tooth hits the lower bracket, but im assuming this is normal? its day 2, and im really excited to see the results at the end. im glad i found this site with other people who are going through the same thing as adults.
here are some photos of the progress:

the old smile:

the day after extractions:
[Image

day one of braces:

mayday

#2 Post by mayday »

Congrats on the braces (man, I'll take my treatment in months, days just seem to long, hah).

Wired Skull

Also new and fresh

#3 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi. VoolyVoo

I'm also pretty new to this. Braced the 20 january and can totally relate to your problems. I have the same troble. Hopefully we will survive as most of the users on this forum have or.

You looking good in Damons. I have 3M Clarity ceramics and really like them. Looking forward to follow yours and the others experinces during my trip in braces.