New!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

marcy

New!

#1 Post by marcy »

I get my braces tomorrow!

I attempted Invisalign two years ago. I had to stop wearing them when I was pregnant. Wearing them made me sicker than I already was. So, I was waaaay off track with them and needed to get back on the horse. We sent off the impressions about four months ago. I checked back with my orthodontist. They finally told me that Invisalign lost mine (and a lot of others.)

I was on the next to the last tray on the bottom, and I wasn't happy with a stubborn canine, so I finally asked if I could go with old school metal braces and just be done with it. I tried to take advantage of my friendship with him and talk him up to ceramic, but that was going to cost me quite a lot more cash.

I was supposed to get braces when I was younger, but that didn't happen.

So, at the ripe age of 34, I am getting my cool metal braces. I'm sure that I'll have lots of questions to ask.

marcy

#2 Post by marcy »

Thanks so much!

It's possible tomorrow won't happen. We're in the midst of a winter storm.

I ordered a dentakit last week. I hope it arrives soon. The tracking says that it's out there somewhere. The pharmacy was out of wax, but I imagine the orthodontist has it.

The quick pik is here! Hooray! Just have to get the hubby to get the aerator (sp?) off of the faucet. SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR portable irrigator for work and the power flosser for work (and wherever?) are on their way.

Must get with the salt water rinses.

Thanks again!
Last edited by marcy on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marcy

#3 Post by marcy »

I'm an RN, so I have to have a plan for things like this. ;)

I figure the power flosser will be useful for work. I have exactly 30 minutes to leave the OR, eat, drink, pee, and now brush and try to floss some stuff out of the way, and get back to the OR.

We'll see if tomorrow is a go!

chicklets

#4 Post by chicklets »

Welcome, Marcy! Sorry you had to break from treatment with your pregnancy and now start over. I noticed my teeth were shifting about the time I had my children. Someone told me it has to do with all the tissues/ligaments in your body softening in preparation for birth. I'm not sure I buy that or it's just age (I'm 42) and gravity taking over. Anyway, welcome to the club.
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

BritGirl

#5 Post by BritGirl »

Good luck Marcy! Hope it all went well yesterday. :D