!!! BRACES 2 DAYS AFTER MY 21st !!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

siui6

!!! BRACES 2 DAYS AFTER MY 21st !!

#1 Post by siui6 »

hey guys...

Im going to be getting braces put in on the 8th of may. went to a dentist earlier in the year for a check-up n had some fillings done.asked him about braces too coz i have a rotated upper incisor n otherwise my bottom teeth need to be straightened. so he said he would do it..he not referring me to an orthodontist
:shock: is this common tho? anyway, im getting full metal coz he said that ceramics would be R2500 more n my medical aid wudnt cover it.. n also iv read here that it stains quite easily and takes longer..
my treatment plan is looking at 9-12 months, im very self conscious about getting them, i havnt had them before :? but its great to have found this website, i feel much better knowing im not the only one and evryone seems so friendly n motivating :D[/b]

e^jtheta

same bday

#2 Post by e^jtheta »

Hey, we're getting braces on the same day...

:shock:

siui6

Re: same bday

#3 Post by siui6 »

[quote="e^jtheta"]Hey, we're getting braces on the same day...

hehe kewl :) r u jus as nervous as i am? what work r u getting done and for how long? strange that we half way across the world from each other but we are in a similar situation :shock:

siui6

#4 Post by siui6 »

oh.. n KK u r too sweet :) thank u!

well i found out that this dentist has done alot of braces so my mind is at ease that im not sum sick experiment! :P

how do u get those timeline thingies? i also want one!!

thanx agen!

LuvBug26

New Braces....

#5 Post by LuvBug26 »

I have my bottoms on and my tops will be ceramic ones which are clear so as they do not show as much as metal ones do. I like KK know there are some ligs that stain but most not too bad! good luck! :wink:

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

No ... ceramic brackets don't stain. I've got four of them ... and I eat spicy curry with haldi (tumeric) powder, at least three times a week, and they're the same colour as the day they were put on my teeth. Some coloured ligs can stain ... for example I turned blue ligs green after one curry ... but they're the same ligs that are used on stainless brackets.
I had 6 ceramics and they didn't stain. This is, as KK said, the fact. I never had ligs on mine so I didn't even have the illusion of staining. I can assure you, the material ceramic brackets are made from is not prone to staining!

I wish you well in your treatment and all! 9-12 months doesn't sound bad!! I had mine for 21 months...belive me, once you've gotten used to having them, the time doesn't really seem that bad! Oh!! and the outcome is completely worth it!!

Good luck!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm