Hello, 29 and new to braces!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

celboriginal

Hello, 29 and new to braces!

#1 Post by celboriginal »

Hello everyone,

I will be 29 on Tues and I've had my braces on since May 23rd. I wanted braces as a kid, but my parents couldn't afford it. I have severe crowing on top and bottom....with a semi funky bite. I could have gotten braces 8 years ago when I started working for my current company BUT I knew from previous ortho consults that I needed to have teeth removed.....8 to be exact. 4 wisdoms and 4 pre molars. So I did nothing for basically 8 years.

Fast foward 8 years and now I am married with an almost 2 year old son. As soon as my sons mouth filled up with teeth , I noticed he had the same big ol teeth in his little mouth, I knew that it was a possibility that he was going to need braces. With that in mind, I knew I couldn't help him with his teeth if I couldn't help my own teeth. Fear set in and I was almost on the verge of tears for every ortho and oral surgeon consult. Turns out, after I had all of the ortho xrays done , they found out I have an extra tooth in my palate. Lucky me, now I needed 9 teeth pulled.

So, I was braced on May 24th ( not nearly as bad as I thought it would be) and I had 4 premolars removed on June 11th ( also no where as bad as I thought it would be). I go for my first adjustment on July 9th and I'm pretty excited about it. Although at times uncomfortable, I think having braces isn't that bad. I got ceramic uppers and lowers and the orthodontist says I'll have them off 24 months. All in all, this has been an exciting experience, and I'm glad I did it. Hopefully if my son does end up in braces, I will be able to tell him what a wonderful experience I have had. I am glad I found this site, as it has answered tons of questions and eased tons of my fears.