New to site and not braced yet....

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

married2abuckeye

New to site and not braced yet....

#1 Post by married2abuckeye »

Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself to all of you and say THANK YOU for this site!! I just got spacers today and will be getting my braces in 11 days. I'm very excited but also nervous. I'm 33 years old and have basically have lots of problems with my bite that should have been fixed long ago. Funny story - they couldn't fit the spacers in for most of my teeth (molars are really close together? :roll: ), so I just have 2. Lucky, I guess, but a testament to how much I need all this!

Sooo glad I finally made the decision and really really happy to find this site to help me through this. Looking forward to the next 2 years with all of you :D

Kirsten

cwatt1

#2 Post by cwatt1 »

Hi Kirsten, and welcome! I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your decision. I'll look forward to following your progress -- my braces are being installed on 7/12, so we'll be entering into this uncharted territory at about the same time!

Here's to smooth sailing for you!

Click here to read about my progress.

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Thanks for joing such an awesome group, thanks for introducing yourself and hope that there will be much movement for your process through braces. Congrats on getting started.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

married2abuckeye

Thank You :)

#4 Post by married2abuckeye »

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome! Good luck with your bracing, cwatt :D

My spacers are aching now, and I can't imagine eating or anything if I'd ended up with them between all of my molars! I'm kind of nervous about next Monday (braces day!) but I really appreciate all of your stories and experiences. All in all I'm pretty excited about the whole thing...

Thanks again!!

hawkerswife

#5 Post by hawkerswife »

Hi! Welcome. I'm pretty new to the board as well. I got my braces put on today!!

Kerridwen

#6 Post by Kerridwen »

Hi Kirsten,

my real name is Kerstin btw. :-)

Hmm, braces really aren't that bad, but healthy teeth are even better. Hope we're both gonna get them eventually.

LilRedPitViper

#7 Post by LilRedPitViper »

Welcome, and Congrats... to all of you new to the board, and to braces.

Here's to everything going great for all of us! :-88

married2abuckeye

#8 Post by married2abuckeye »

So...4.5 days now till I get my braces on!! (it'll be Monday 7/16/07) I'm looking forward to it, and these days seem to be going by so slowly...hope the time I'm in braces goes by faster :wink: In the meantime I'm trying to learn all the ins and outs of posting pictures and stuff on here!

Thanks again for all your welcoming words. I'm glad to see I'm starting this journey to a better me (or at least a better smile) with some new friends. Guess we can compare our progress, right? :)

Kirsten

cwatt1

#9 Post by cwatt1 »

Hi Kirsten,

So tomorrow is your BIG DAY! Mine was last Thursday, so I know well the excitement and mixed feelings you must be going through right now with less than 1 day to go!

Here's to a positive experience for you! Be sure and let us know how everything goes :!:

Click here to read about my progress.

Cinnamon

#10 Post by Cinnamon »

Woohoo Kirsten!! Image Almost braced!! Be sure to get some good before pics before tomorrow! Good luck and let us know how it went!

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image

married2abuckeye

#11 Post by married2abuckeye »

Thanks Cinnamon and cwatt! I am going crazy with anticipation right now!! :-* My appointment is at 8:15am tomorrow, and I took the day off work, so I'll have the entire rest of the day to adjust.

I just finished taking a bunch of photos of my teeth in their "before" condition - on the advice of many of you here, as well as my sister. She had braces several years ago and regrets not having any good pics for comparison of the before/during/after. I guess I can post some of my pics in my own "braces story" tomorrow!!! :-#)

Yay!
Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

married2abuckeye

#12 Post by married2abuckeye »

Well, I'm official now! Got my braces on a few hours ago. So far so good - just the pressure. But I did manage to forget to take ibuprophen prior to my appointment!! :-(*

I started my own thread on the "braces stories" board. Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?t=20257

Thanks for all your well-wishes!!

OH!! and my DentaKit came today, too :D Yay!!

Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

SouthernCharm

#13 Post by SouthernCharm »

Congratulations on your braces! If your experience is anything like mine, you won't start feeling it until a day later. Although, my teeth had started to ache a bit by the end of b-day. I took that as a positive sign that my teeth were moving.

My orthodontist told me to chew a half stick of sugarless gum to help with the pain from movement, but I really don't like gum. On my ortho's website, I noticed a banner ad for a place to buy supplies: wax, pain relief gel, etc. One of the products they had was something called a bite wafer. I purchased three of those, and they've helped tremendously. They are also flavored if you're into that: cherry, grape, and bubblegum.

:D

It's been a week now, and the pain is pretty much gone from my back teeth. My front teeth are still sensitive, but those are the ones that will have to move the most.

Oh! Wax has definitely been my best friend. Right out of the gate the hooks on my back brackets were causing me grief. I stupidly tried to tough it out the first day and wound up with a canker sore. Now, I'm liberal with the wax.