Newbie saying Hi!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FiatFan

Newbie saying Hi!

#1 Post by FiatFan »

Hi everyone :D

This site has been really great in helping me research and decide to get braces, so now I'm taking the plunge I thought I'd come and introduce myself.

I'm Helen, I'm from the UK and I'm getting braces for the first time at age 27. My teeth never used to be crooked, but when my wisdom teeth came through everything started to pile up making my lower front arch stick out below my uppers (me & my ortho joke about it being my "bulldog teeth"...sounds horrible, but that's how I see myself when I smile). I also have a slightly open bite, but I weighed up the pros and cons of surgery to rectify that, and decided to just go with braces to straighten my arches which will disguise most of the openness.

Treatment started properly yesterday when I had 2 lower teeth extracted (number 4?? the ones behind my canines) to make room to pull the others back. I was so nervous - never had an anaesthetic before but I hardly felt the needle and all seems well this morning. I'm booked in to have my braces fitted on 2nd November, I've chosen Radiance brackets.

Will get some photos up here soon. Seeing before/ after shots gave me the confidence to go for it and keep reminding me it's all worthwhile!

ekin

#2 Post by ekin »

Welcome Fiat!

We get braces on the same day? Are you excited?

Kimmie

#3 Post by Kimmie »

Hi Fiat Fun,

I am also from the Uk and Scheduled to have my Brace fitted on the 2nd Of November also :D so hopefully we can keep up with each others progress, I am getting a bite plate fitted on top & fixed lower to begin with to try and fix a very deep bite.

FiatFan

#4 Post by FiatFan »

Hi KK (thanks for the advice, I've been keeping up the saltwater rinses!), and hi ekin & Kimmie - I guess we're the 2nd Nov Braces Club!! I chose a friday so I could have a couple of days away from work to get used to the braces, but now I've started a Saturday job too so I guess I'll just have to cope with it!

I've got some pics now. The first one was a rush job! My friend helped me snap it in the dentists waiting room as my anaesthetic was kicking in - although my Ortho has photos I realised I hadn't really taken a proper "before" pic for myself.

Then the second pic I took today showing the gaps. Image

The extractions have healed really nicely but now I can see staining where I wasn't able to brush due to the crowding before, and I really want to scrub them clean but can't!! :-} I guess it'll all come in time though.