Teeth don't touch...can't eat

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gilda

Teeth don't touch...can't eat

#1 Post by Gilda »

My son had Herbts appliance put on a couple of days ago. Now he doesn't have one single back tooth touching so he has been chewing with his two front teeth.
My questions are how can you chew without the teeth touching?
How long into the treatment he will have to deal with this problem? Or this will be resolved only after the treament is over?

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

I see that this was 6 days ago and I am hoping that your son has figured out how to eat with his molar situation.

I had that and so many of us do! We manage to eat regardless, just takes a little practice and it's all good again.

Mine didn't touch for about 4 months!!! I had no trouble eating after the first few days....so little trouble that I gained 4 pounds. :evil:

Hope all is going well for your son!! :thumbsup:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

BigSmileInOhio

#3 Post by BigSmileInOhio »

I've had mine on since the beginning of September and have had so much movement that my teeth touch some days and don't on others. I eat lots of macaroni/cheese when they don't touch. Easier to moosh that way. My front teeth are so sore I can't chew with them, either. Mashed potatoes and applesauce are also good during the times when teeth don't touch.

:computer: