Im new here...pic enclosed!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

anastasia12

Im new here...pic enclosed!

#1 Post by anastasia12 »

I posted in a new topic in another area, but I guess since I'm new, I should have started here. Im 25. I got my braces on 6/07. They estimated that I will have them on for 2 1/2 yrs. So 1 year, 11 months to go! I'd like to know what kind of estimate others are getting and if they find that the doctor's initial estimate seems to be right on time. This is a pic of my 4 month progress (which was three months ago).

funshine

#2 Post by funshine »

Hi there and welcome! What fantastic progress in 4 months! I bet even moreso now that it's 3 months later.

My treatment is estimated at 18-22 months and I'm not far enough into it to know if that will change. I hope it's closer to the 18, but if not I can live with it.

FITeach

#3 Post by FITeach »

Wow!!! What a great improvement so soon!

Sandista

#4 Post by Sandista »

Wow Anastasia, :jump:

Great progress in such a short time. I was braced on 7/31/07 and am scheduled to end my treatment at the end of March of this year!

I never needed braces as a child or as an adult until I had an issue with a nightguard that opened up my bite (it's a long story). So, I have 10 ceramic & 2 metal uppers - my back 4 molars on top & bottom do not have brackets or bands. I have 6 ceramic & 6 metals on the bottom. I have elastics tnat wrap around each of my back 3 teeth (top & bottom) to close up my bite - which I think is good to go now.

I have an adjustment scheduled for this Thursday (what a romantic way to spend Valentine's Day) and if I am right, I will guess this to be my last adjustment before being de-braced. Most likely I will have chains on both top & bottom to close the little misc gaps and will only have to wear the elastics at night. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :dance:

I'm so excitred for you and the fantastics progress toward your "movie star teeth"! 8) Best of luck to you & keep us updated on your progess - would love to see more pictures!

Take care,
Sandista

:banana: :-88 :banana:

mariahfromchicago

#5 Post by mariahfromchicago »

That is great progress!!! :banana:
- mariah

SinOnYourLips

#6 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Hey and great progress indeed!

My estimated treatment time is 12 months and I am almost in my 11th month right now. It seems I will be done right around my one year mark, so my ortho's estimate was quiet accurate.

Hopefully you will be done earlier or on time as well. Good luck! :D

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

FITeach

#7 Post by FITeach »

Oh, oops! I didn't give my estimated time.
A little over two years since I have ceramics.

METALMOUTHPOOH

#8 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

Welcome :wink:

So far they are making fast improvements :rawk: :dance:

SGPWired

#9 Post by SGPWired »

WOW!! great progress. I'm excited for you. I'm just beginning my journey and hope I have the same progress after three months. Keep us posted!

Love4Law

#10 Post by Love4Law »

Oh wow great improvement!! I have had my braces on for 8 months now and my othro said 18-22 months, so yeah I have a way to go :/ But like you my teeth are moving fast :)