Braced for 6 months - A different story

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracednconfused

Braced for 6 months - A different story

#1 Post by bracednconfused »

Hello, I've been lurking on these message boards for the last few weeks now and I thought I would post to introduce myself and tell my story, since its slightly different than what I've been reading here.

I'm a 24-year-old female from NJ and I was braced yesterday morning, clear uppers and metal lowers. I think my story is a little different than a lot of you because I've been promised a perfect smile in just 6-9 months. I don't have to wear the rubber bands, I didn't have any teeth pulled and I don't have to wear expanders, since the braces I'm wearing do that themselves.

I've known about these braces for about three years now, but was always coming up with excuses as to why I can't get them, even though I have always had a very bad smile that I've always hated. Now that I have them on -I'm about as uncomfortable as I expected. The pain isn't unbearable, I just feel like I have boulders in my mouth and its a little hard to get my lips all the way around them.

I went out last night for the first time with them on. I was pretty uncomfortable even though my best friend said that I did look really cute in them (God bless her). I felt the most uncomfortable though around my significant other even though he was very supportive about it and said that they don't change anything about me (God Bless him as well.)

I hate to sound whiny, since I know I'm lucky I will have these off as early as September, but I can't help but be very uncomfortable about the way I look in them and the way they feel. I know its a means to a better end, which is what I'm focusing on.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and hearing your stories.