19yrs old,newly braced,missing canine.ne1 relate?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

princessT

19yrs old,newly braced,missing canine.ne1 relate?

#1 Post by princessT »

Hi im new here.got fully braced 2weeks ago wit damon brackets.estimatd treatment abt 18-20months.hav fairly straight teeth except for a rotated premolar thats in the place of my missing upper right canine.braces being used to create a space for an implant/bridgework. There is almst no space rite nw,with a powerchain on d underside of the teeth pulling at the premolar. Is ne1 goin thru this or sumtn similar? I wud love2hear 4rm u. Thanx in advance... P.S. this site is amazing and so r the ppl here!

msnette

#2 Post by msnette »

Im currently at the end of my treatment(5 more days to go!!) with a similar issue except i have a missing lateral. I went through the whole power chain and wire buisness. The only thing that sucks is that when your teeth are finally straightened, theres a big gap where that missing tooth should be so it looks like you're missing a tooth(which in fact you are). THats the thing I hate most about having these braces on. I have to get an implant/bridge also. My ortho said that i have to get a hawley retainer w/false tooth(flipper) until i get the bridge/implant(undecided) procedure done.

msnette

#3 Post by msnette »

Im currently at the end of my treatment(5 more days to go!!) with a similar issue except i have a missing lateral. I went through the whole power chain and wire buisness. The only thing that sucks is that when your teeth are finally straightened, theres a big gap where that missing tooth should be so it looks like you're missing a tooth(which in fact you are). THats the thing I hate most about having these braces on. I have to get an implant/bridge also. My ortho said that i have to get a hawley retainer w/false tooth(flipper) until i get the bridge/implant(undecided) procedure done.

princessT

#4 Post by princessT »

Thanks for replying msnette. how long did ur gap take to open up? how long were u in braces for? but most importantly ,did u not have a fake tooth attached to the actual bracket and wire as soon as the gap opened up? look forward to hearing from u