And so it begins

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Airchie

And so it begins

#1 Post by Airchie »

The forms are signed and the first "proper" appointment has been made.

April 24th is my first proper treatment appointment with the orthodontist which I imagine will be a measuring up? :)

Reactions from people who now know that their 40yr old friend is finally going ahead have been surprising!

Almost all have said "how brave" or "brilliant" with the odd "you can do that at 40?" (before asking questions). My 10yr old thinks it's great and my mother sounded like I'd caught some kind of illness and told me she was "sure it would be fine" !!!

Roll on the 24th April I say. :D

Jenn S

#2 Post by Jenn S »

Welcome to the forum. This place is the best! I have received a number of different reactions from people when they see me in braces, and my favorite is when they call me brave. Before braces, that was just not a word people associated with me!
Braced: 12-17-08 8:30am (PST)
2 Extractions 07-21-09 *****
Treatment for: Overbite, lower overcrowding.

Ellie2009

#3 Post by Ellie2009 »

I finally made my appointment too - April 30th. It's going to be about 7-8 days after getting my wisdom teeth out, so hopefully it will be enough time to recover. if not, oh wells, just get started before I change my mind :P

Airchie

#4 Post by Airchie »

I'm lucky on that front - I had 4 premolars (2 top 2 bottom) and lower impacted wisdoms removed nearly 20 years ago so my orthodontist is aiming for extraction free treatment.

I switched dentists late last year (hence the renewed focus on doing something) and the hygienist is really on the ball. She's got me started on a regime that'll carry on right through treatment. She has also been attending, recently, additional training and conferences on adult orthodontics so she'll be well placed to see me through the next couple of years! :)

Lingualita

Welcome

#5 Post by Lingualita »

Welcome to AW. This web page will lend so much support on your journey :) . When it comes to reactions from others I've experinced the same as you and others. Most people give me heaps of credit and think that I'm brave. I actually feel proud I was able to make the decision.

Good luck on your braces adventure!