Hi, I'm new here

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

officewench

Hi, I'm new here

#1 Post by officewench »

Hi,
My name's Angie, I'm 35 and I am the sorta kinda proud wearer of a set of Speed braces. I found this site a week or so ago and boy was I glad. I got my top braces put on last Wednesday so I'm still struggling through the sore mouth stage. I was so nervous about getting them done, I didn't know what I was getting myself in for. My husband has been so supportive, that's made this all easier. He's a great guy and was very glad when I found the "braces in the bedroom" page. :wink:

I have to have braces on the bottom but my ortho is waiting to put them on as my top front teeth scrape the bottoms and there's no room. I have a cleaning with my regular dentist near the end of April and he will put spacers in my back molars - I've heard that's a royal pain. When I go for my first adjustment I'll have the molars banded and attached so they will move forward and maybe have my bottoms done at the same time.

I've had bad teeth since I was a kid and in the last five years (and the last two jobs with dental insurance) I've been working to have them fixed. I had cavities in my front top teeth and canines that were waaay out of place. The crappy dentist (who is now wanted for insurance fraud :roll: :shock: ) told me I should have them pulled and since I didn't know any better I told him to go ahead. I had real vampire fangs, a guy in a comic shop actually asked me once if I had them filed to be so pointy. At the time I wasn't sorry but I sure am now! I've had more fillings than I can count, two root canals and temporary crown, six extractions and now braces. I'm looking at 24-30 months in braces then some cosmetic bridges and permanant crowns over the root canal spots.

It's so nice to find a place where people understand what it means to have wonky, crooked or just plain missing teeth. It's also nice to know I'm not going through this alone.

Officewench

josephine

#2 Post by josephine »

Congratulations on joining the club! I think everyone on here has been relieved and happy to find this site and message board. You're definitely not alone.

#3 Post by Guest »

Hi Angie and welcome. Congratulations on your journedy to a new and improved smile!

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Good for you! Speed braces...are they Damon 3? I'm getting those on the 4th. I can't wait to get started. I know they're also called speed braces.

I've had to wait 8 weeks since I had my consult because of not being able to take off a day from my new job and then with spring break being the most popular time for kids to go in for adjustments, my ortho is full all this week. 12 more days!!!

My husband is also very supportive...he has mentioned that he thinks braces are sexy. I'll take it!! :-)o
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Helen

#5 Post by Helen »

jennielee81 wrote:Speed braces...are they Damon 3? I'm getting those on the 4th. I can't wait to get started. I know they're also called speed braces.
The term speed braces is used in several ways:

Self-ligating braces like Damon 2/3, Innovation, Opal, and other are often named speed braces. (Normally the treatment is not much faster, but archwire changes can be done speedier with them).

Some also use this term in the context of fast ortho methods like the Powerprox Six Month Bracesâ„¢.

And I do call my own braces "Speed braces", as well. Dunno for sure, but they might be the original Speed braces. They are the or at least one of the first self-ligating brands on the marked from The Speed Systemâ„¢.

Helen

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

This is all SO FASCINATING!!!

I suppose I will grow bored with it all in time, but for now WOW!! :dance:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm