So I'm Finally Getting Braces...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

htangle1976

So I'm Finally Getting Braces...

#1 Post by htangle1976 »

Hello, I'm 33 years~old and finally decided to get braces. Of course this was after my daughter got hers put on. Like so many others, I needed them as a teen but my mother couldn't afford them at the time. I had a consultation back in my twenties, but never followed through.
Well after seeing the amazing results my daughter's had in such a short time, I was like "what the heck" and called my daughter's orthodontist. My consultation was on 12/23/09 and like I already knew, I needed braces to fix my overbite and crowding. On 01/11/10 I went for my records appointment. I go on Friday 01/22/10 to get my spacers. I'm kind of nervous. I've been grilling my daughter on what I should expect. Lol... The big day is 01/29/10 top and bottom braces for 18~24 months. I'm happy, excited, and nervous all rolled up into one....
I'm very glad that I've found this website when I was doing my research. There is so much useful information... :)

Snowglobe32

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Congratulations on making the decision to get braces. It is very cool that you and your daughter will be doing this as a team! What a way to build a great bond and great memories of course!

mikesmile

#3 Post by mikesmile »

Hi htangle :D

Welcome to the club and congratulations on your decision to finally get your braces! I hope everything goes smooth w/ your spacers. We're along the same timeline. I'm getting my top braces on tomorrow, bottoms in a couple of months. This will be my second time going through it.

I'll be by to visit.....lot's of wonderful support here, don't you think?

knmiller

#4 Post by knmiller »

:D Hey!! I had my records done 1/11/10 also and i have been currently wearing my spacers since then and monday 1/25/10 i will be braced at 9 am!! im so excited!! since u r getting ur spacers in the morning, im going to wish u good luck! my spacers hurt for about 4-5 days.. i had to wear mine for 2 weeks so u r lucky u only have to wear urs for 1 week! they catch so much food, mine are starting to wiggle around and im scared ima swollow one!! well good luck!
knm

htangle1976

#5 Post by htangle1976 »

Snowglobe32, My daughter thinks it's amazing that we're both going to be in braces! You're definitely right about building memories. I plan on taking lots of pictures! lol... I have another daughter that's going to be getting beraces soon. We're waiting for approval from the insurance company. Either way she's going to get them on, even I have to pay total cost. So yes there will be three lovely ladies in my household wearing braces. lol :lol:

Also, I want to thank everyone for their support. I feel like I have someone holding my hand through this experience!!! :D

htangle1976

Tomorrow's the Big Day...

#6 Post by htangle1976 »

Well, I go in tomorrow morning at 9:30. I'm so excited & nervous all wrapped up into one... :? I'll tell you one thing, I am so ready to get these spacers out... I think I'd explode if I had to have them in for another day....

I will be back tomorrow to share my experience..... :D :D :D

yo

Re: Tomorrow's the Big Day...

#7 Post by yo »

htangle1976 wrote:Well, I go in tomorrow morning at 9:30. I'm so excited & nervous all wrapped up into one... :? I'll tell you one thing, I am so ready to get these spacers out... I think I'd explode if I had to have them in for another day....

I will be back tomorrow to share my experience..... :D :D :D
Ok, promise you won't tell? I took the two out of my left side, they were hanging down and I felt like I was chewing sponges! I did go in the same day and had them put back in. While they aren't a ton of fun, they are more comfortable when they aren't hanging down.

I get braced on 2-1-10

cmone

#8 Post by cmone »

Welcome htangle! Good luck to you and your daughter.
Live free or die