New here

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Backstreets

New here

#1 Post by Backstreets »

Hi everybody!

got my braces on wednesday 3/10/10...and decided to join this board. Yes, I am experiencing pretty much everything I read about here and what my dentist told me it was gonna happen...soreness in my mouth, my lips are irritated, my cheeks as well.... did I tell you that I don't have much incentive to eat b/c have to clean afterwards....still have to :)

It's gonna be a long journey...but, even it's difficult now - I am glad I am doing this.

Just wanted to say hi...will keep you posted. Estimated treatment time - 18 months.

Backstreets

Day 5

#2 Post by Backstreets »

Okay...so sorness is mostly gone, which is a good thing. One of the brackets fell off, so going to fix it tomorrow. Despite time it takes to clean, and all the other stuff we all know all about....I am starting to like my braces more and more, or I am just trying to brainwash myself :).

One thing - I am becoming hyper-active....do anything just not to think about it too much :lol:

Sentence - 18 months - minus 5 days

Backstreets

Update

#3 Post by Backstreets »

Hi everyone,

here is my update - in 10 days it will 5 months since I got my braces, and I can see some major changes. So far, my ortho told me we are straightening my teeth, and I can definitely see that happening. I have my third adjustment on Wed 8/5, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks everybody around here - donno how I'd go through all this without reading this board!

rhomboid

#4 Post by rhomboid »

Welcome to the board.

Sandpiper

#5 Post by Sandpiper »

Hi Backstreets,

Glad to hear it is all going well, and you're pleased with your progress. It's great to hear how people are doing who are further advanced in their treatment than me....helps to keep me positive! Good luck with your journey.
471 days in braces

[/url]

Lakester

#6 Post by Lakester »

Hello Backstreets!

Glad to hear about your progress. I've been wondering when I'll see results, but it's only been 2 weeks for me so I know I'm being impatient lol...

I also have an adjustment to look forward to :shock: could you tell me a little about what to expect during/after? (thanks so much)

Backstreets

#7 Post by Backstreets »

Had my third adjustment today and it hurts. My ortho put a coil on my wire to open a space for lost tooth, and let me tell you that is going to take a lot of time b/c right now there is no space there whatsoever - like there wasn't a tooth there long time ago.
Ortho also took my x-rays to see how my roots are doing - and he was pleased how parallel they are - except for a few spots that we'll be working from now on.
He also changed the wires - so far I had nickel wires, he said now we are replacing them with stainless steel wires - fun, fun, fun...
It really hurts right now, tried to brush - hurts pretty badly, tried to floss - it hurts even worse. Those proxy brushes kind of work.
Ortho also said that elastics will come at some point later in the treatment. Lookin' forward to it - yeah, riiight!
Next adjustment is in six weeks. I can't believe that on 8/10, it will be exactly FIVE months since I got braces. Time flies....

I learned along the way to just take picture of my teeth on a monthly basis, so when I compare them I can reaaaally see the progress. It's waaaay better than checking my teeth every two hours....LOL