Hi All I'm new to this forum :o)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

toffeebraces1878

Hi All I'm new to this forum :o)

#1 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Hi Everybody,

I am 26 from England & have had braces for 6 weeks today, and am due to have my first tightening on Monday 20th September. I am really looking forward to it.

I should have had braces at 13 and went through the procedure of having 7 teeth out at the bottom in preperation for it, but when I went to the orthodontist I heard the word "head brace" and completely chickened out. It's took me 13 years of regret, and upset to finally go for it.

Turns out that as I had 7 teeth out my bottom teeth have all came into shape nicely, apart from a twisty one at the bottom, The dentist said that more than likely this tooth would turn back after straightening, so I have my top teeth in metal braces only.
It will take 18 months to straighten them, as I had my front tooth overlapping my other front tooth, and the one next to it right the way behind. (sorry don't know all the names for these teeth ha)

Just a quick Hello & thank you to everyone for all the help and support that you've given me on here, I really appreciate it.

p.s. sorry for the essay ha x :oops:

x x x x x x

Ionika

#2 Post by Ionika »

welcome and good luck on your jurney :)
congrats for starting it :)

BraceFace2o1o

#3 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hi there and welcome to the forum :D

Congrats on starting your brace journey!

I am from the UK too and was meant to have a brace as an early teen, but it never happened (the waiting list was like forever!). I started seriously thinking about straightening my teeth 2 years ago, and I've now finally had my first consultation... 2nd is next week. I regret waiting this long to do it, to be honest... but better late than never!
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

toffeebraces1878

#4 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Hi Ionika & Crystal thank you for welcoming me!

Crystal, I regretted not getting them so much, but look to the future it will be all worth it in the end! Definitely better late then never! :D

Good luck with your journey too x x x

SonyaM

#5 Post by SonyaM »

Welcome! We're all in this together, and as your smile gets more beautiful, you'll be SO happy you chose to get braces!

toffeebraces1878

#6 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Thanks SonyaM I can t wait to see the final results, can see changes already, although minimal it's amazing how they work!

How far into treatment is everyone??? :)

catgyrl

#7 Post by catgyrl »

Hi toffeebraces!

Cute name! :D

Welcome, and congrats on your journey! This site and its members have been absolute godsend to me, and such a wealth of information.

I'm finding orthodontia to be extremely fascinating. I'm constantly asking my ortho questions, and had to reassure him that it's just because I'm curious, and not that I'm questioning his expertise at all. For the life of me, I could not picture how pulling just ONE tooth, and moving the rest over could decrease my "buck teeth" and make everything line up nicely. I'm now just over 5 months in, and my teeth look better now (even with the extraction gap) than they did before braces!

The intermittent discomfort I experience is all worth it, knowing that in 18 months (or hopefully less) I'll have a beautiful smile. :D

Are you taking pictures so that you can track your progress? If not, you may want to start. You don't have to post them here (though, we would all love to follow your story!), but at least keep them for yourself. I just did a side-by-side comparison of Day 1 vs. 5 months later and it's astonishing how much movement there's been.

Good luck to you!!
-Cathy

toffeebraces1878

#8 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Hi Catgyrl,

Thank you for replying and hope your journey goes really quick for you. It's lovely to hear you can see changes already!!

I can't wait till i'm 5 months into mine. How long are you in braces for? You're right though it is fascinating how ortho's know exactly how to move and and align teeth, do you have any pics uploaded on here?

I would upload some pic's but I am struggling haha! As soon as I have the hang of it I will, or when I feel brave enough will add my blog, I am quite shy :oops:

I love reading about everyones stories, and progress.

Getting my first adjustment tomorrow so excited :D

x x x x x x

catgyrl

#9 Post by catgyrl »

I was told I'd have them for 2 years. I just hope it's not for much longer than that.

If you look below the ticker in my signature below, you'll see "www". Click on that and it will take you to my braces story. It's rather long, but there are a lot of pics in there, before, during and after. However, if you don't want to go through all those pages, go to page 11 and I have a side-by-side comparison from day 1 and 5 months later.

Can't wait to see your pics!

Cathy