Hi!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Adriae

Hi!

#1 Post by Adriae »

Hello - I'm so glad I have found this forum. I've been lurking for months trying to figure out if I wanted to do this or not. It's great to know that being 30+ years old that I'm not alone. I started my journey months ago and on this Thursday I'll be getting braces. I'll also have to deal with having upper and lower jaw surgery after about 12 months into treatment but right now I'm just focusing on the braces part.

Today I went in and had my records appointment and had the spacers placed. The spacers are terrible! Even though I had braces as a teenager I remember having spacers vaguely but for some reason it escaped me until I was in the chair this afternoon having them placed between my teeth. Oh well, at least it's a beginning. I'm kinda looking forward to just getting the braces on and through the sore period that follows.

musiclady2340

Re: Hi!

#2 Post by musiclady2340 »

Spacers were the worst!!! Glad you hopped onto the site. i find it very helpful and encouraging. Been braced 10 months now and getting use to them. :P

Adriae

#3 Post by Adriae »

I am having the worst time with spacers. I am so looking forward to removing them tomorrow.

Adriae

#4 Post by Adriae »

I'm just having one of those weeks. Earlier this week I was having a hard time with spacers. They had only placed the spacers on Monday and then I was to have my braces placed on Thursday. When I arrived on Thursday morning I was just starting to get sick (coughing, etc.) so I wasn't sure if they would continue with the appointment or reschedule me. I really didn't want to be responsible for getting someone else sick so I was hoping they would just let me reschedule. They decided to go ahead with the appointment so I took some cough medicine to try to avoid coughing/spreading germs when they put the lip retractor in my mouth. I managed to make it through the appointment but they were not able to band me on my two back teeth because the spacers hadn't had enough time to separate my teeth. So they stuck more spacers in the back and I am to come back in two weeks to get the molars banded. The new separators they placed though were different and I can't even tell they are in my mouth right now. I'm not sure if that is because my voice is gone or the pain is greater in other areas.

The worst part is by the time I got home yesterday I knew I was in for a rough night. I have bronchitis on top of the braces. The good thing is I'm just medicating myself and sleeping alot but I am really sore this morning, even through the drug haze I'm conscious of how bad my teeth are feeling also. I don't like to mix or take too much medicine so I'm only taking the cough medicine with codeine right now and it's sorta relieving the pain in the teeth to some extent but dang, this couldn't have happened at the worst time. I feel like I have train tracks in my mouth lol and I'm having to mouth breathe because I'm so congested right now. I'm trying to drink as much water as I can so I don't dehydrate but there is no way I'm eating anything anytime soon.

Sorry for the whining. I just needed to vent someplace. I really hope that in a couple of days I feel better, both with the train track mess in my mouth and the sickness. I'm such a whiny sick girl and I'm trying to be as positive as I can be right now.

drgnchsr36

#5 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Eep, hope you feel better soon! That bites that you're sick on top of getting braces... hopefully passes soon!

Rest this weekend!