New Here, 2nd Time In Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

silentfilms

New Here, 2nd Time In Braces

#1 Post by silentfilms »

Hello! I'm 27, had braces when I was 12/13 for a couple years for an overbite and overjet with crowding. I only wore my retainers for a short time and they quickly reverted back to what they once were. In fact, the crowding is worse now on the lowers due to my wisdom teeth - which I finally had extracted this past year.

I'm a little over 2 weeks in to a 2 year treatment and I've already cracked one of my blue, molar bumpers and popped a bracket off last night. Luckily I have an appointment tomorrow for the bumper.

I'm keeping a photoblog to document progress (not just tooth movement but jawline definition) and look forward to participating here!

You can find the photoblog here (insilentfilms.blogspot.c o m/search/label/orthoblog) which doubles as a nail polish blog if you click/type just insilentfilms.blogspot.c o m

ladyksilver

Re: New Here, 2nd Time In Braces

#2 Post by ladyksilver »

Hello and welcome! I get braced July 5- can't wait, but I'm enjoying my freedom to eat as I wait! I too have a blog where I'll be journeling my braces experience. My blog also doubles as my beauty blog (makeup, hair, nails, etc.) it's kladycosmetics.blogspot.com. I will be sure to check out your blog. Good luck!

silentfilms

#3 Post by silentfilms »

Thanks! Just watched your braces video and checked out your blog! Love it, I can't wait to see your braces progress and good luck next month!

One tip I have - before you leave the office really check the back of the wires with your finger 'cause I had to turn around and go back the first day. I didn't realize it was too long until I started making the obligatory "I FINALLY HAVE BRACES AGAIN!" calls, chatting away. Luckily my ortho's office is a few minutes from home. Nothing like a wire trying to pierce your cheek, let me tell you... haha

ladyksilver

#4 Post by ladyksilver »

Hey, I saw that you are also following my blog- thanks!! Thanks for the tip, I will make sure to do a thorough check. I too live really close to my ortho, but I probably will not want to see that office for a while after the first few days, huh?

silentfilms

#5 Post by silentfilms »

Haha, likely not!

Kipepeo

#6 Post by Kipepeo »

silentfilms wrote:One tip I have - before you leave the office really check the back of the wires with your finger 'cause I had to turn around and go back the first day.
This is good advice. I always feel rushed after the dentist sits me up and says he's finished. When I got braced a few days ago, I felt the same way...like I needed to move along (this is my perception that my time is up and the next patient is waiting). But I ran my tongue all over and felt one of the hooks on a back bracket really sticking out due to the angle the bracket was placed on the tooth. The assistant tried to bend it down out of the way, but she was afraid of bending it too far. I don't have upper braces, so I don't expect to need elastics...but you never know. So glad I caught that, as that surely would have been a trip back.