58 and got braces!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pattikq

58 and got braces!!!!!!!

#1 Post by pattikq »

I had them as a child but the bottom teeth got really crowded as I got older and had gone through pregnancies. My kids do wonder what I am doing and my husband also worries about me paying for them. But, I suffer from neck pain from arthritis and fibromyalgia and I felt this is another tool to help with that. Also I was tired of biting my inner lip when chewing and little kids asking if I, too, am losing a tooth from the way my bottom tooth hung.

This board really helps me to stay focused on the end result and to stay positive. It took 3 hours to get the brackets on and I had a yoga class the night before so my muscles were relaxed and I got through it very well. I just hate feeling the brackets against my inner lip and the wax is helping but is there something else better than the was?

Thanks.

kamor

Re: 58 and got braces!!!!!!!

#2 Post by kamor »

WOW - I'm 48 and have braces for the first time! I am struggling with the entire process but have found that this forum really helps...its' comforting to know that i am not alone in this journey. thanks for the posts.

Rivvie

#3 Post by Rivvie »

Wow, you are so brave in getting braces again. Nobody is too old for braces! Would love to read more.

I will get braces for the third time in a few weeks. During my earlier experiences with braces, I used a lot of wax myself especially during the first weeks. After that your lips will adjust to the brackets and you will not need to use wax anymore. Eventually you won't even notice your braces :)

pattikq

#4 Post by pattikq »

I hope I can adjust, my inner lip is sore and the wax is not working, I am thinking of ordering the strips.

kamor

#5 Post by kamor »

wax strips? do tell....
i am suffering from terrible cuts and nicks on the inside of my mouth, the wax is somewhat troublesome, as it dis-lodges at the most inopportune times. never heard of strips, please share..

pattikq

#6 Post by pattikq »

I just read somewhere you can get strips that fit across the brackets instead of trying to use the wax. I will do an online search for them.