First day after braces at 28 years old!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Georgina A

First day after braces at 28 years old!

#1 Post by Georgina A »

Hello all! My name is Georgina and I am 28 years old. I got my braces applied yesterday. The problem I have is severe crowding on my upper and lower teeth along with a crossbite. The crowding on my upper teeth makesmy canines look like vampire fangs, and because I have an extra incisor on my lower jaw, it's just a mess. I have to get one removed to make everything fit correctly. I was really hoping to get ceramic braces because being 28 years old I wanted this to be the least noticeable as possible, however, I could not afford the extra thousand dollars for them. So I decided to suck up my pride and go metal. I'm looking at it like this: I will have these braces for two- two and a half years, but after I get them off I will have something for the rest of my life I have never had before; A confident smile. My parents could not afford to get me me braces when I was a kid. I have never been able to smile withut feeling self conscience, and either smile with my mouth shut or, smile so that my fangs wouldn't show. It has always been really upsetting. I remember in high school somebody telling me I have vampire fangs, and it really hits hard when you're constantly thinking about your teeth and hating the way they look. Before I got them on, I told everyone, "I'm gonna rock my braces!" I am really surprised,they don't look bad at all! The pain sucks, but as the saying goes, "no pain, no gain!" Anybody who is looking to get this done,I would advise to definitely do it. Because I have gonesince fourth grade not liking my teeth, and I know that in the long run, it's gonna be so worth it! And when I get married in two years after I get them off, I am gonna smile the biggest smile ever and make sure I get many close up pictures of my perfectly straight teeth. And the best thing about this right now, is that my fiance thinks I look beautiful with a mouth full of metal. Fixing my teeth is one the best decisions I have decided to do for myself. And I am definitely "Rocking my braces!" :-#)

nikkibabie19

Re: First day after braces at 28 years old!

#2 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Welcome...That's the spirit and the right attitude.

How is the braces treating you? Did you have both uppers and lowers placed at the same time?
Did you get extractions?

I was thinking the exact same thing....Could not afford braces as a child and now i cant afford the ceramics so i figured hey the metal ones are gonna get the same job done too...So i might as well enjoy it.

I plan to change the colours of my ligs every visit...

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

Georgina A

#3 Post by Georgina A »

Thanks for your encourgagement! I do have both uppers and lowers that were placed at the same time. I have an extra incisor on my lower set of teeth that has to be extracted, but I'm not sure about any other extractions I may have to get and when I have to get that one out. They are going to put me in an expander for four months first to see if we can avoid any other extractions. I get that put in on July 31st. I couldn't afford ceramics either. They were $1000 extra. They also don't work as fast as the metal braces, and why prolong the treatment just for the sake vanity, ya know. It's only been two days and the pain SUCKS. I can barely even eat bananas. I alredy have sores on the inside of my cheeks, and last night one of my brackets came loose and flipped around so I have to get it taken off tomorrow and then have it repaired when I go in for my next visit on July 23rd. They are putting spacers on again to get my teeth ready for the expander. Wax and anbesol are my saving grace! So, right now things kinda suck, but like the saying goes, "no pain, no gain". I know it'll get easier as my treatment progresses. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress and outcome which is what's helping me get through the pain. How about you? What kind of problems did you have with your teeth and how has your progress been? Also, any advice would be great!Thanks!

- Georgina

nikkibabie19

#4 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Dont worry it will get better. I literally had to squash the bananas at first before i could "Chew" them in the beginning.

Then about day 4 i was able to chew them without squishing them...

I am going good. My teeth arent paining me anymore...Just one or two may be a little sore. But it only really bothers me when im brushing them (then i feel the pain)

Eating is back in my daily routine....I can chew normal again :jump:

As far as advivc im pretty much still new...but my wax works wonders....i hear some people saying that it doesnt stick well..But mine is a life savor. Although i've pretty much stopped use it for now...My mouth has toughen up i guess..

Most i'd say is to take it easy (on the chewing) But still dont starve...I used to drink nutritional shakes or sumthing if i wasnt chewing.
Im not huge on taking pills....But the day after i got them i had to take a painkiller bcuz my FACE was hurting ..literally the whole surface area...But..since then i didnt need any more pills (Thankfully)

Other than that....Not much going on....

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]