A scared newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hedious

A scared newbie

#1 Post by Hedious »

Hi! I'm a 24 old male. I'm not sure if braces will do anything for me. But I 've viewed several braces stories on here and it really gave me hope.

nikkibabie19

Re: A scared newbie

#2 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Aww dont be scared. WE wont bite.

And why arent u sure they will do anything for u? Have u seen an ortho? Is that a professional opinion or just ur own?

BTW Im 22, Nikki, female

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

microbrew

#3 Post by microbrew »

i say bite the bullet while you're still young man. I waited until 28 to do something and knew right away i should have gotten it started (and over with) years earlier. There's no time like the present after all! Think it through, read some more stories, view some pics, and hope that helps you make up your mind. Cheers

johnmayer

#4 Post by johnmayer »

me too i'm scared but iw ill do it

Tin Tooth

#5 Post by Tin Tooth »

I am so scared to get braces too but I'd rather have braces for a few years than an imperfect smile for the rest of my life.

Why do you say you don't think braces will do anything for you? I think we are all much harder on ourselves and think the worst sometimes.

djspeece

#6 Post by djspeece »

First, consult with a well-respected orthodontist to evaluate your specific situation. A month into my two-year adventure, I am getting quite comfortable with my braces, and find that I had been making a much bigger deal about them than anyone else. I do miss some of my favorite foods such as popcorn, but it is a small price to pay. In my case I am looking to resolve a number of minor issues and to help prevent problems later on (I am 62 now, and am well aware of the role that dental issues can play in one's overall health as an RN). I was nervous too, but had trust in my dental team. I am optimistic. I tend to look to the long-term. And I am quite comfortable in my own skin. You'll do great, but talk with a professional. Best of luck to you!
Dan