Had braces put back on.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mark1988

Had braces put back on.

#1 Post by Mark1988 »

Hi my names Mark, I am 22 and wore braces from age 12 to nearly 16, however who never wore his retainers, so after nearly 8 year, got my new braces 2 days ago, and Just hate them right now, there so tight, but I know it was my fault, so for everyone else please wear your retainers
For me it was such a long time at that age, I Just hated evert second of those braces, and Just thought it wouldn't matter about retainers, how wrong was I would like to keep you updated, so thought I would Just say hello.

Gravecat

Re: Had braces put back on.

#2 Post by Gravecat »

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure and wear my retainer once these braces are off. So sorry to hear that you are having to wear them...again! Ugh. I am a middle-aged adult woman and this is my first time in braces and OH THE PAIN! I had them put on 3 days ago and am very new to all of this. I had absoultely no idea the amount of pain and facial swelling this would bring on.

I know it will be worth it in the end, but boy am I suffering right now. My face, I feel, looks huge from the swelling and the wax only goes to far. Up at 4:30 am because of the pain. Couldn't take it anymore. When you sleep on your pillow, your mouth is compressed and a mouth already in pain compressed on a pillow makes it worse. I got up and shoved rolled up cotton between my braces and cheeks. Helped a little.

I do not want to go through this again so that retainer will be ON! :-)

Thanks for posting your advice. I will heed it well!