Hi everyone :-) 2 weeks until I get my brace! Eek!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DaisyChain001

Hi everyone :-) 2 weeks until I get my brace! Eek!

#1 Post by DaisyChain001 »

Hi everyone :)

My names Daisy I just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm not entirely new to braces, I had them as a child, I had a fixed bottom brace which I now have a fixed retainer in lieu of. I also had two removable braces and a palate expander. So I thought that by the age of 24 I'd be done with braces....sadly not! :?

My teeth have shifted and I'm shortly going to embark on an adult brace. I'll be braced up for between 6 and 9 months to correct the start of two crossed front teeth which once had a small gap between and hopefully achieve a wider smile too.

My ortho is great and although im anxious about my journey, I'm also very excited as my front teeth have bothered me since my wisdom teeth came in a few years ago. My dentist told me they weren't the reason my front teeth had began to overlap, but I've always convinced myself this was why! Has anyone else experience this before?

I get my brace on June 14th and have been looking forward to it since I decided to go ahead with treatment but now I'm starting to worry about it! Any advice for a newbie who worries people will laugh and judge me? I'm sure everyone feels the same anxiety before being braced so sorry if this isn't new to you guys!

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to introduce myself and share my story and background. :)

Tobilei

Re: Hi everyone :-) 2 weeks until I get my brace! Eek!

#2 Post by Tobilei »

Hi :) Welcome to the forum (and soon to braces!). Try not to worry about what other people think. It's sort of like high school where you think everyone is busy paying attention to what's in your mouth, but really they're not paying any attention at all and half the people don't even notice you have them :) Then once your smile starts to change you find you don't care anymore anyway and just start happily grinning at people with your new teeth :mrgreen:

Good luck for brace day! :)

DaisyChain001

#3 Post by DaisyChain001 »

Hi Tobilei

Thanks for your support,I know what you mean about high school. I cant really even remember if anyone ever noticed my brace in high school,although it was just on my bottom teeth so it wasn't too noticeable.

I think it's just the fear of not knowing how ill fell or look thats making me anxious, though I know I'll not regret it in the end...hopefully!!!

Thanks for your reply! :)

SunshineRay

#4 Post by SunshineRay »

My brace date is June 20, so a week after you. I feel the exact same way. I have been waiting and waiting for a date but now that I have one I am soooo scared. Scared of what others will think mostly.

DaisyChain001

#5 Post by DaisyChain001 »

I know how you feel, you build yourself up for it so much then as it approaches you start to feel nervous. I'm more worried about what people will think than the pain or the inconvenience it's going to cause, which is crazy because I'm a grown woman and shouldn't care!

We're making the right choice tough! You'll have to let me know how it goes on the 20th!

Good luck :-)

NeilH

#6 Post by NeilH »

Hi, I think you will find the opposite, most people either won't notice, will notice but won't comment or will notice but not care! Occasionally you will find someone who does notice and is interested but this, for me so far, is a rarity. People won't laugh or judge you so wear them with pride, smile lots, enjoy the experience and look forward to a great result. Good luck.

SunshineRay

#7 Post by SunshineRay »

My comment said I was a week after you (June 20) but your ticker says you only have 5 days until braced. Did your date get moved up?

DaisyChain001

#8 Post by DaisyChain001 »

No my date is the 4th June...I get braced up next Tuesday! It was two weeks when I originally posted on may 22nd. :)

SunshineRay

#9 Post by SunshineRay »

DaisyChain001 wrote:Hi everyone :)

My names Daisy I just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm not entirely new to braces, I had them as a child, I had a fixed bottom brace which I now have a fixed retainer in lieu of. I also had two removable braces and a palate expander. So I thought that by the age of 24 I'd be done with braces....sadly not! :?

My teeth have shifted and I'm shortly going to embark on an adult brace. I'll be braced up for between 6 and 9 months to correct the start of two crossed front teeth which once had a small gap between and hopefully achieve a wider smile too.

My ortho is great and although im anxious about my journey, I'm also very excited as my front teeth have bothered me since my wisdom teeth came in a few years ago. My dentist told me they weren't the reason my front teeth had began to overlap, but I've always convinced myself this was why! Has anyone else experience this before?

I get my brace on June 14th and have been looking forward to it since I decided to go ahead with treatment but now I'm starting to worry about it! Any advice for a newbie who worries people will laugh and judge me? I'm sure everyone feels the same anxiety before being braced so sorry if this isn't new to you guys!

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to introduce myself and share my story and background. :)
Are you trying to make me think I'm crazy? haha How exciting for even sooner!!

DaisyChain001

#10 Post by DaisyChain001 »

Ahhh sorry I didn't I'd realise I'd typed 14th! It's the 4th.....my bad :oops: just my bad typing skills haha!

It's deff the 4th though!! I'm counting down trying to savour my last few meals and enjoy my teeth minus metal for the last few days.

Sorry for making you think you were going nuts lol!! :wink:

Samanthajayne

#11 Post by Samanthajayne »

I had my braces fitted yesterday and like others have said, so far I've only had positive comments or none at all. As its all still so new I feel like my braces are huge and obvious, but I've been pleasantly surprised how discrete people say they are. Good luck for when you have yours fitted and my only advice would be eat all your favourite crunchy things this weekend!!

DaisyChain001

#12 Post by DaisyChain001 »

Congrats on your new braces Samanthajayne! Did you have a lot of discomfort after they were fitted?

I think I'm probably feel like mine are an eye saw and everyone is looking, when in reality I'm sure they're not, glad people have commented on hours looking discreet. Sometimes I wonder if I'd have been more comfortable with ceramic braces, but my ortho discouraged me from getting them by saying treatment time was shorter in traditional metal ones.

As for eating all things crunchy....I right on it! I had some nuts when I came home from work today and thought how soon they'll be a thing of the past, I'm a bit of a nut addict so I think that's what I'll miss the most! :(

Samanthajayne

#13 Post by Samanthajayne »

I personally didn't have any pain getting mine fitted. It was a tad uncomfortable having my mouth open and in the retractor thingy for such a long time, but that was it. I thought I'd be okay food wise, not really got any crunchy favourites that I can't live without, but now I've got braces all I want are crunchy foods! Typical!

DaisyChain001

#14 Post by DaisyChain001 »

Well I hope I have the same experience as you and just feel them going on. I've got to work later in the day and I just don't want to be sore.

And yeah it's typical about wanting what you can't have! :?

SunshineRay

#15 Post by SunshineRay »

Good luck today! Cant wait to hear how it went.