Braces for my early 30th birthday

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kohldampf

Braces for my early 30th birthday

#1 Post by kohldampf »

So I'm nearly 30 and have been wanting to get braces for a long time but could never afford it. I decided that now is the time, and it will be my spectacular birthday present to myself! (And with how much it costs, it will probably be my birthday present for several years, haha)

I still have my two upper canine baby teeth, with one of my poor permanent canines barely emerged and the other trying to find room. I just got my consult today, and will be getting my braces in 11 days! The ortho said my case looks fairly simple; braces on upper and lower and should only take about a year. I also apparently have "tongue thrust" and will have to wear a tongue trainer.

I am ridiculously excited and looking forward to the day that I can smile without inhibition and feel good about my appearance. My major concern is how much I love food and what a huge adjustment this new lifestyle will be!

I've been lurking here for awhile and getting inspired by everyone's wonderful stories. I plan on sharing my journey once it finally begins. I don't know if I can wait 11 days! :D

Matilda

Re: Braces for my early 30th birthday

#2 Post by Matilda »

Good luck on your journey!

kohldampf

#3 Post by kohldampf »

Thank you! Two days away and I'm crazily excited!

Katieshh

#4 Post by Katieshh »

Good luck! Enjoy the journey, 1 year will fly past :)

jdixon0815

#5 Post by jdixon0815 »

Welcome to the club :BigTeethGrin:
I Grimme braces on 4 weeks ago and Im 28 years old. My dentist said it would take about 8 months. I hope he was right. haha
Good luck with your journey ;-)

TheKT

#6 Post by TheKT »

We we are here for you!