Newbie here as well....

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hash

Newbie here as well....

#1 Post by Hash »

Hi all, I am new to this forum just having recently found it and think its great. I am about to go reading everyone's story so here's mine so far..
I am 40, late to the braces journey but I have always hated my teeth, over crowding top and bottom so very crocked teeth! I had asked at aged 20 and 30 about getting teeth straightened but at those times there was no way I would wear braces! Vanity! So just ignored problem and carried on. When I hit 40 all of a sudden I realised I didn't care about wearing the braces but I hated the thought of hitting 50 with crooked teeth! Funny how we grow up :D
I have all 32 teeth and was very proud of the fact that I never had any teeth pulled but now I realise all these teeth don't fit! I always notice how one of the top teeth in particular stick out in any photos and am really looking forward to having a great smile!
Need to have 4 pulled , 2top 2 bottom and braces for 2 years, retainer 24/7 for 6 months then retainer nightly for life. My orthodox has also said in about four months I will need 2screws ( think they called tads) in top gum to pull front line back, I really nervous about this so if anyone can't help me on that I would appreciate it!
So far I have bottom 2pulled and have had braces on for 5 weeks. I can't really see any movement yet and although I know it's early days yet, I have read that some people notice moving early so I am a bit disappointed :-(
So anyway I am off to read some more stories. Thanks for listening,!

lexieplexie

Re: Newbie here as well....

#2 Post by lexieplexie »

thanks for sharing. I'm hoping I dont need to have any teeth pulled. It freaks me out

Katieshh

#3 Post by Katieshh »

Hello :-) I'm sure you will start seeing improvements really soon. Hope you have a speedy and painless journey :)

Hash

#4 Post by Hash »

Thanks only seeing these replies now, had forgotten I posted in this section! I am still finding more sections on here every visit :D I have added my story so far and will add more pictures before my next app which is next Wednesday :D