Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

greencapt

Hello everyone!

#1 Post by greencapt »

Well I did it today! I'm a 34 year old male and I got braces today, June 22nd 2005.

It feels really... odd. :)

I did lots of reading and lots of online research before getting them. I enjoy ArchWired.Com a lot and appreciate the info and the community there.

My orthodontist and his staff were great and let me take pictures throughout the process of getting my braces put on! I'll post them somewhere soon. I go back in one week for another appt to get a Quad Helix installed. The fun never ends. ;)

blondie

#2 Post by blondie »

hi there!
We're kind of in the same boat. I get my braces on tomorrow! I'm nervous and excited! I got four teeth extracted last Thursday and it really didn't hurt! So what is your treatment plan? What kind of braces did you get?
I'm 27 years old and I'll be getting ceramic on top and metal on bottom. I have to wear them for about 20 months! Hopefully it'll be shorter then that!
Take care and keep us posted!

greencapt

#3 Post by greencapt »

Hi blondie!

I got metal on top and bottom... with dark green ligs! ;)

I thought about the ceramic but my uppers are pretty crooked in the front and the ortho thought it would go faster (and more safely) with the metal.

He says I'll be wearing them for just about 2 years but I might get time off for good behaviour... lol... actually he said with the extractions I had to get (like you!) I might get a few months taken off the treatment. I'll wear the Quad for something like 6 or 8 weeks- I forget right now.

There's been no real *pain* yet, but I haven't tried eating much yet. I can feel the pressure, not to mention the odd sensation of having a bunch of *stuff* behind my lips.

Manda

#4 Post by Manda »

Welcome! I've had braces for just over a month now, and I totally understand the weird feeling of all the "stuff" in your mouth at first. Give it a week and you will forget you have braces at all sometimes. Best of luck! :lol:
Braced for 7months, 4 days
Wireless since December 21, 2005 and loving it!

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

I love your Garfield avatar Manda, so cute. Man with all I hear about extractions, it seems pretty common.....I hope hope hope I don't need any, isn't having my wisdom teeth out enough? :P