Hello! I am new to the club...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Snow

Hello! I am new to the club...

#1 Post by Snow »

Hello,

I am Snow. At the age of 36, I decided to do something about my crowded teeth so I will have a beautiful smile for the latter half of my life! :D

I am going to see one more orthodontist tomorrow, then I should be able to decide which one to go with (I am choosing from three). It's such a committment and expense. I hope I will make the right decision. How did you pick your doctor? :?:

I am sure I will need your encouragement to complete the process, especially in the beginning. And hopefully I can also share something others find useful and helpful.

Have a nice day!

-Snow

mcvicker

#2 Post by mcvicker »

Congratulations Snow :) I'm glad you're finally on your way. For me, it took 12 years of nagging thoughts and finally being able to handle it psychologically. So last year shortly after my 26th birthday i had 4 extractions and then my braces. My teeth were in pretty poor condition health-wise, but after extensive cleanings and about 8k total, i am 100% satisfied and committed to perfect dental health.
I went with my dentist's referral, didn't check out anyone else and have no second thoughts with that decision.
Welcome to a new you :)
Try a bunch of different color ligatures...
Starting date: Aug 12, 2004
Completion date: July 2007.
Assessment: Best thing I've done for myself so far.
Dr: Bert Kelling

Snow

#3 Post by Snow »

Hi, mcvicker, thanks for sharing your story...

Psychologically it seems such a big deal. The pain, the inconvenience, the thought of living with braces for 18 months...ughhhhh... Well enough whining... I know I won't regret just like you and people from this web site. :lol:

You are really a brave soul. 18 months in braces I can bear, but having them for almost three years, that's something!

Cheers,

-Snow

--------------------------------------
Spacers in: 7/20/2005
Braces on: 7/27/2005
Treatment duration: 18 months

jeronimus

#4 Post by jeronimus »

Welcome to the club. I actually did my research on the internet for ortho's in my area. I finally found one, and decided one day to check them out. I was quite impressed with their clinic and their staff, that I had made up my mind right after I walked into their office. So far, I've had the braces for a week now. I have no regrets. As for the ortho that I picked, theyve been awesome so far. I would recommend them to anyone.

chrisynicky

Hello

#5 Post by chrisynicky »

Hi Snow. I am also new. I am 33 years old and decided to get braces while at the orth from our dentists referral for my 7yr old sons tongue thrush problem. He needs to get a crib to stop him from licking and pushing his teeth forward. He has a bad open bite. Anyhow, I was taunted and teased and chased home by kids as a child. :-(( They used to call me "zibbit" (for zit face and rabbit teeth), "buck tooth rabbit". :-+ and once in high school even, a boy i had a crush on but he didn't know it turned around and said "Hey- I didn't know beavers wore finger nail polish!". :paperbag: The whole class heard that. Needless to say, i hate my teeth and have always wanted straight teeth. I was so desperate i didn't call around. I asked him at my son's appointment if he would look right then. He did and 2 weeks later i had 7 teeth pulled. Yesterday i had the spacers put in. It took 2 of the woman to get the floss that was stuck between my teeth! haha. I don't hurt a bit today either. I get my braces on July 20th. It's all i can think about. I had a dream last night that my spacer bands broke one by one and they said they were sorry but i could never get the braces now because of what happened. I was devestated like thier was wa death! I woke up all sweaty!!!! I am so excited to do this. My only fear is the fact that i drive a yellow school bus. I feel like a child with this again. School is out for the summer of course, but come august- my stomace is going to hurt. :shock: I have an overbite , lots of crowding and my jaw is not sitting right because of an accident i was in 10 years ago. I don't think i'll jump right into the colors. I will start with the least obvious, but i'm sure i'll jump into the colors. I am in this alone since i don't feel i have much support from anyone. I keep hearing "your teeth are fine", " your wasting money", "your too old". But i'm excited and we know how we feel right???? Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!