Hello!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

2Timer

Hello!

#1 Post by 2Timer »

Newbie here. Just thought I would say hello.

As my name suggests, I will be getting braces for the second time. I had a really stubborn lower front tooth and that coupled with my forgetfullness to wear my retainer caused the tooth to move way back. It waves when I talk. I hate it. So, 9 years after having my first set of braces removed I will be having one incisor extracted and clear lower braces for 9-12 months. I will also have to wear a retainer on top, not sure why though. Yay.

I go back to the ortho in two weeks to see a computerized image of what my teeth will look like when they are done (I was worried about having a lower central removed - I like things to be even) and then will set up my appointment to have everything installed. Although my hubby wants me to wait a few more months before having it done, so I may be waiting a little longer than I hoped. I seriously doubt I will be patient enough to wait though.

Anyway, It's good to know I'm not alone. It was weird enough being back in my ortho's office so I'm sure it will be just a weird being back in braces.

:D

jbond007

#2 Post by jbond007 »

2Timer, you are definitely not alone. I am in braces for the 2nd time as well. I am 34 and am 2 years into my 2nd treatment. By the time I am done, I will have worn braces for 5 years of my life combined.

It was very frustrating going back to the ortho and being rebraced again as an adult. The good and bad of it is, you know what to expect.

You now know not to be nervous about what you will look like or what people will think, but you remember the soreness, the flossing and cleaning, the elastics, headgear, adjustmentrs, etc.

It sounds like you will have a relatively simple treatment. Good luck with it.