My journey starts tomorrow...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

thecoffeemouse

My journey starts tomorrow...

#1 Post by thecoffeemouse »

Hi everyone! I'm a 30 year old mother of two who is about to take the plunge into braces. I have been waiting most of my life to do this and am very excited, and so incredibly nervous. I have been burying a bit of the nervousness, but since I now have roughly 24 hours left before beginning, it has become almost all I can think about.

Tomorrow I go in to have my spacers and brackets put on. A week later my archwire will be installed.

I have been a constant lurker on this site since I finally got the courage to go in for a consultation. I think it's a wonderful forum, and look forward to sharing my story, and reading much more about others.

CelestialVoices

#2 Post by CelestialVoices »

Welcome and good luck, we're all here for you! :)

Rebraced

#3 Post by Rebraced »

I know what you are feeling as I had mine put on yesterday. All I could think about was "THE DAY". It consumed much of my thoughts during each and every day as it got closer to brace day. I will tell you it is really not bad at all and just lay back and relax.
The spacers might not be that pleaseant but it is temporary and the rest you will get used to soon. Trust me I know, I am doing it for a second time. I hope this helps and just remember what an awsome outcome you will have.
Chris
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties