i'm the momma of the group - 54

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

helene1112

i'm the momma of the group - 54

#1 Post by helene1112 »

I am a 54 year old woman who has just started orthodontia. I had braces as a kid, but over the years my bite worsened. So now I have four bite turbos, which should help me lose weight, but they are annoying. I welcome any other pre-seniors to drop me a line.
Here's to great looking teeth in the nursing home.

summergirl

#2 Post by summergirl »

you go girl ,good for you .You are 1 brave supper momma.You are going to make a the other mommas jealous.

:D summergirl :D

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Welcome to the board. It's awesome you decided to get braces. One is never too old for anything :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

oldmuse

This momma's got you beat at 58!

#4 Post by oldmuse »

*BIG bright sparkly metallic grin!#
I got braces nearly a year and a half ago to fill in a gap in my lower front. The tooth had to be pulled, and the dentist could only offer a "fair" chance of an implant succeeding.

Hm, I thought. $5K of uninsured "fair," or $5K of insured "definitely." So I'm braced! My braces match the silver in my hair, and the consensus of my friends and family is that it is "cute." Uh huh.

I should get them off this summer -- and no gap!
~~Do all you can, where you are, with what you've got.~~

Chris

Re: i'm the momma of the group - 54

#5 Post by Chris »

helene1112 wrote:I am a 54 year old woman who has just started orthodontia. I welcome any other pre-seniors to drop me a line.
Pre-senior? 54? Honey, you are in your prime! :D

I turn 50 this year. I like the TV cook, Paula Deen's apron that says "I'm still a HOT CHICK, it just comes in FLASHES."
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

helene1112

feeling better

#6 Post by helene1112 »

Thanks for all the positive support - I feel better already
The bite turbos are a little annoying but not painful - they prevent my back teeth from coming together so eating anything that has to be grinded must go into a cuisinart, not my mouth....better for my hips
I wish each one of you a great week and thanks for being there

Betty Bat

#7 Post by Betty Bat »

Howdy.

You have only a few months on me. I'll turn 54 in July. Braced (for the first time) in October, 2005. My braces were a retirement present to myself!

psych1985

Not too far behind

#8 Post by psych1985 »

Hi Betty Bat, My name is Helen and I'm getting braced tomorrow. I am turning 47 in June. It is helpful to know that there are others around my age that have strarted the process.

I'm in college pursuing my Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Degree and as a result hear a lot of people asking me if I'm going through mid-life crisis. I don't quite feel like I'm in my mid-life yet.

Spacers were driving me crazy yesterday. About to become one of my own client's but today not so bad. I am ready for tomorrow though. I have put together my supplies after researching many sites as to how to care for braces. I have gotten a lot of helpful hints on this site.

Thanks for being on line. It helps to know we aren't alone.

jzaboo

#9 Post by jzaboo »

A lot of people asked me why I got braces now (I'm 49), the unsaid ending of that question being "so near the end of your life?" LOL When I hear that in their question, I just say I want to have a great obit picture.

bbsadmin

#10 Post by bbsadmin »

As I head into the second half of my 40s (ack!) I refuse to be thought of as a pre-senior.

They call pre-teens "tweens." Can't anyone think of a cute term for THIS age group? I think we deserve a cute term!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

jzaboo

#11 Post by jzaboo »

I agree. In fact, I have never even liked the term "middle aged", and don't accept it, although realistically, I'm not going to make it to 98. Pre-menopausal? Same thing. I can handle being a "boomer" (baby-boomer), and really, I think that's the best term. It describes that you were born between 1946 and 1964-no judgments, no euphemisms, and implies the word "baby", and in my head, I'm 27, when I stop to think about it, I'm 36, and only later do I accept the 49. I always admit to it, but never look or act like it, and will fight the thought until I'm dead. I think the "I'm getting older, I'd better slow down" mentality is what makes you old. And a lack of mobility, you need to be able to get around to keep from feeling old. And that's whatever mode of conveyance you have --feet, wheelchair, sportscar, bus, whatever.