Newly braced 24 year old!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yellowkittie

Newly braced 24 year old!

#1 Post by yellowkittie »

Hi everyone!

I've just been braced for three days, but have been lurking around on these message boards for a few weeks now. Like many others, my parents could not afford braces for me as a child, but now that I'm on my own, I've finally taken the plunge and I can't wait for the end result. I was diagnosed with a Class II Malocclusion and have an estimated treatment time of 1 1/2 to 2 years. However, even though I've had my brackets (all metal) put on and spacers, my ortho has decided to wait another week before I can get four teeth extracted (2 molars and 2 bicuspids). I think this is what is making me the most terrified! I've had the option of having either local anesthesia or an IV. I'm still unsure of which route to take. Anyway, I hope to meet some of you and I must say that your stories are very inspiring! :D

x3trinity

#2 Post by x3trinity »

Hi yellowkittie and welcome! :D

I had 4 extractions also and I just want you to know that it is not that bad. You don't even feel anything! I had local anesthesia (without the gas, but if you are kinda nervous about it get the gas) and after he gave it to me, the next thing I remember was waking up and my husband was there. So go ahead, don't be afraid it will be over before you know it.

Good luck and can't wait to hear how it went for ya! :wink:

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."