Spacers...

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

flesh-was-sweet

Spacers...

#1 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

My spacers were put in today and I feel like i've been smacked in the face...is this normal??

My front teeth are hurting more than the back..so i'm a little confused :(

ThisIsMary

#2 Post by ThisIsMary »

I'm not a doctor but it would make sense to me that your front teeth may be hurting because of the pressure from the spacers. The spacers are creating a space which in return is pushing your teeth together slightly and your front teeth may be more sensitive to this pressure. Once again, I'm not a doctor but that's what my guess would be.

As far as feeling like you were hit in the face.....I remember when I got my spacers; the constant pressure and aching were annoying but don't worry, it gets better

Hope I helped and good luck with your journey
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

OneTime

#3 Post by OneTime »

Don't be confuse. It is normal to feel sore.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

imgettingbraces

#4 Post by imgettingbraces »

just bear with the pain. spacers are usually the most painful part of getting braces.

flesh-was-sweet

#5 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Thanks guys :)

My jaw has gone into a sort of spasm...i'm wondering if the spacers have changed my bite...I can't open my mouth properly :(

I went to hospital two nights ago and they told me it would wear off soon...but so far no joy :(

rsprouse

#6 Post by rsprouse »

Yes it is normal. You should be able to control the pain with any NSAID (Motrin, Advil, Naproxen, etc).

Good Luck,
Rory