Teeth begin to crack? please share your opinion..thk u..

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carrie

Teeth begin to crack? please share your opinion..thk u..

#1 Post by Carrie »

hi everyone...i've been in braces for about 5 mths now...last night i was looking so closely at my teeth, & i noticed on 2 of my teeth there's a very subtle "crack" looking line on the surface of teeth :cry:

could someone share their opinion on why i might be seeing the subtle "crack" line? (it's right in the middle...quite subtle)...i'm honestly scared, will the teeth break in the future?? :cry:

thank you so much for any input/thoughts everyone...

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Hi,

I think what you are seeing is craze lines. Look at this website and scroll down to the part about craze lines. I have them too. I think we stare at our teeth more when we have braces :-). Also it is interesting to note that not all cracked teeth are a problem. My dentist told me my second molar was cracked but it doesn't hurt so we are leaving it alone. (well it is filled with a composite filling)

http://www.endodovgan.com/Endoinfo_Crac ... ctured.htm
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

I was looking at my teeth the other night and noticed that same thing. I am guessing that it's been there for a long time but I never look so closely at them before. I does cause worry.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Carrie

#4 Post by Carrie »

Hi Kell, i understand what you mean, it defintiely cause concern on our part...my ortho is away for the next 2 weeks, so as soon as he comes back i'll ask for his expertise...in the mean time i'm keeping my fingers crossed :roll:

jbjalways

#5 Post by jbjalways »

OMG I noticed this a couple weeks after braces on one of my lower teeth. I pointed it out to my ortho and she said she didn't see it, but I can. Maybe it is a "craze". Glad to hear other people see that too.

7/7/06 Damon 3's on top, Damon 2's on bottom
03/18/08 Naked

Carrie

#6 Post by Carrie »

hi jbjalways...i showed my "cracked" line to my mom and she had a tough time finding it on my teeth too!! i guess when we're braces we take EXTRA close look at our teeth & thus notice the slightest things...

but at the end of the day, i really hope our discovery is nothing more than craze lines with no harm to our teeth :)