correcting lip strain/competence

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Babe

correcting lip strain/competence

#1 Post by Babe »

I have lip strain. It's not to severe but it bothers me. Putting indivdual situations aside. What are the ways to correct this?

I have read surgery but I really do not want to do that. I was also told pulling 4 teeth would help my lips meet how true is this?

Babe

#2 Post by Babe »

Lip strain is when you have to force your lips together in order to get them to meet thereby forcing your lower lip up (and straining it). I had ortho treatment several years ago. My top teeth are straight and my bottom are straight for the most part but have shifted bc i stopped wearing my bottom retainer. I do not believe I have an overbite bc I never had one to begin with.

My appointment is tomorrow I am just so anxious to know :-)

HeatherLynn

#3 Post by HeatherLynn »

Hi Babe,
I have the same problem. I really have to force my lips together to close them unless I move my lower jaw forward. I'm trying to get approval for lower jaw advancement. That is my only option. But I have a 9mm overjet. Braces may close the gap to a 6 mm overjet, but that still will not help me.