getting new brackets?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaja

getting new brackets?

#1 Post by jaja »

Hello,
I have had braces (damons) for almost exactly a year. The ortho mentioned that he was going to put on new brackets at my next appointment - is there any particular reason he would do this? Does it mean I might be nearing the end? (I've been too afraid to ask about length of treatment, don't want to get my hopes up!)

strugglebuggy

#2 Post by strugglebuggy »

You know, I overheard the doc say something to his assistant about rebonding at one point too.... I was wondering what he meant? Maybe realigning a bracket or two?

Dr. Randall

#3 Post by Dr. Randall »

It is common to reposition the brackets after a while if the teeth are not doing what you want.

Randall

lilsisbet

#4 Post by lilsisbet »

Same here. My Ortho told me at my last adjustment they will have to rebracket a few teeth. Reason being, when they first put the brackets on, some of the teeth were too crowded to get the bracket placed correctly. OK by me.... I love progress.
Elizabeth
Braces on March 15, 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months. Official debanding date - June 14, 2007 - Total of 27 months!

sarcpres

#5 Post by sarcpres »

yup, i just had one of my lower brackets realigned yesterday. Unfortunately the new one took 5 trys to make it stick- it kept popping off because of the cement, so just make sure they take off all of the old cement before they put on the new one or it will pop off like mine did!
round 2! Already had them as a teen for two and a half years!

[/url]

Braces on June 2, 2005

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

Yep, repositioning new brackets is common. Been there. :roll:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

pharie

#7 Post by pharie »

Me too and boy did it hurt when they yanked the old one off! It was a particularly sensitive tooth and I had to bite down on a piece of hard wax. I am sure before I am done that another one or two brackets will have to be repositioned also.
Ceramic and metal since 4th Jan '05

Naked Teeth and wearing Essix retainers as of 19th June '06