perminant retainer and missed appointment...

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lala7603

perminant retainer and missed appointment...

#1 Post by Lala7603 »

hey

I got a perminant bottom retainer on july 8th. I was supposed to go in and get a new essix retainer made on aug 5th...but my mom decided to cancel it to go to a water park. I wanted to go because i didnt want the tooth to move....but her...ohhhh it wont move...yea

SO now here i am...dont have an appointment untill aug 26th. my tooth has been moving a little...and now that i dont have a retainer to move it back...im so afraid that i wont be able to move it back. is there like a way to adjust a perminant retainer to bring one tooth a little foreward???
Its my left lateral incisor (i believe thats the name...)

If it cant be moved with a perminant retainer, can it be moved with another type of retainer?

Thanx so much

Lauren
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008

Cami

#2 Post by Cami »

I have one bottom tooth that moves back everytime i take my retainer out (it's an essix). But when I put it back in, i feel pressure on that one tooth and it always moves right back. I had actually broken my regular hawley retainer and that's when the tooth first started to move. I couldnt get an appointment for a month to get the old retainer fixed and be fitted for essix retainers. But after a month with no retainers, the tooth went right back after the retainer was in for a few hours so I'm sure you will be ok!

Lala7603

#3 Post by Lala7603 »

thanx cami
the only thing im thinking, is i was supposed to get another impression done...if i was just getting a new retainer, from the same impression i got after my braces came off, i know it would move my teeth. But now if i go and get a new impression...it will make my teeth stay where they are now...which right now they are off ya know.

oh man...and i have had a little gap open up...i think its b/c one tooth is rotating a little...oye!

SMiles
Lala

Cami

#4 Post by Cami »

They took my essix impressionsn after i had no retainer for a month. I mentioned the tooth that moved back so they made some adjustments to counteract the movement. It seems to have worked!

Lala7603

#5 Post by Lala7603 »

ok thanx...that gives me hope!

SMiles
Lala