teeth extraction question

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mamatiger

teeth extraction question

#1 Post by Mamatiger »

I asked in the surgery forum, but haven't had any response.
I had four teeth removed on Tuesday. I believe they were the first bicuspid on top and the seconds on bottom. I have been in extreme pain since. It took two hours to have them removed. I guess I have very long and curved roots. I went to be seen again today because of the pain I am in. I don't have dry socket, he said it was just because of the difficulty in the extractions. I got some tylenol 3 with codeine. Well, I have taken it twice now and it doesn't touch the pain. I don't even care if no one else has gone through this before, which is what I had orginnaly asked. I can't function. I haven't been able to sleep and I am having a horrible ime taking care of my kids. Is there anything I can do? If not is there any way to know how long this will last. I am susposed to get my braces on next Friday. When I said something to the dentist about hoping to feel better by then, he didn't look too reassuring.

tictac

#2 Post by tictac »

Maybe your dentist is wrong. Mine doubted that I had dry socket, but I had it treated as if it was and it worked. I'm quite sure she was wrong. Yours sure sounds just like dry socket to me.

Mamatiger

#3 Post by Mamatiger »

Actually it looks like it may have been an infection. 24 hours after I started the antibiotics I started feeling better. For some reason the tylenol 3 still only works for 2 hours and then I am miserable. And the motrin now takes away a lot of the pain. I actually don't think I am going to die now. But it was a pretty scary thing for awhile there.
Thank you very much for responding.

tictac

#4 Post by tictac »

Well good, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! :D