Elastics -- End of Treatment?

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

asudevil83

Elastics -- End of Treatment?

#1 Post by asudevil83 »

I have had my braces since November 4th, 2004 and was originally set for a 24 month max situation because I required a #11 canine exposure and had some minor crowding. I had the exposure in March and things have been going GREAT. The tooth has basically come all the way down and, it's funny because really my mouth looks amazing. Just today I received the elastics connecting my #11 canine to #19 molar and #6 canine to #30 molar and I barely heard from the ortho lead that I was "finishing up" although he wasn't more specific because he had other clients to attend to. I have not needed elastics in the past. My questions are:

- Is elastic use typical towards an end of treatment period?
- How close am I likely to being complete?
- Is a #11 exposure typically this speedy?

-Mark
Last edited by asudevil83 on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr.j

extraction or exposure

#2 Post by dr.j »

It's sound like you had an exposure of #11 not an extraction. Soetimes they are fast sometimes they take 3 years.

Dr.j
Dr.J - Ortho

asudevil83

Exposure

#3 Post by asudevil83 »

Sorry, yes an exposure.

asudevil83

Elastic Use

#4 Post by asudevil83 »

Is elastic use, provided I haven't needed them before, typical towards an end of treatment period?

asudevil83

?

#5 Post by asudevil83 »

I've asked a friend who just had braces and he said that the big elastics connecting hte canines to molars are towards the end in some cases. Is this true?

Metal Mouth Guy

#6 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

My ortho only had me wearing elastics for about 3-4 months. I still have about 6 months to go before the braces are off. But then surgery is in my future, so it's not really an apples to apples thing.

MMG