two questions for the docs

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Retrogirl82

two questions for the docs

#1 Post by Retrogirl82 »

Hello Dr. Randall and Dr. J.!

I actually have two questions on board for today 1.) How long does it take to open up a deep bite approximately? I don't think I am a severe case but the ortho just began working on opening my bite by using reverse curve wires and 2.) I have a size 18 by 22 Stainless steel wire...is that indicative of a "finishing wire" or is this completely unrelated? ( Basically, is this just wishful thinking on my part? :lol: )

Thank you for any input! :)

~~ Kristel
I'm gonna marry Jake Gyllenhaal...he just doesn't know it yet ;) :)

Dr. Randall

#2 Post by Dr. Randall »

If they are trying to open your bite, then you are not in a finishing wire. Size of the wire is irrelavant as different orthodontists finish with different wire sizes. I can't tell you how long it will take to open the bite that really depends on your specific case and some patients it takes a while, others just a few months. Good luck.

Randall

Retrogirl82

#3 Post by Retrogirl82 »

Thank you, Dr Randall :D

Dr. Randall wrote:If they are trying to open your bite, then you are not in a finishing wire. Size of the wire is irrelavant as different orthodontists finish with different wire sizes. I can't tell you how long it will take to open the bite that really depends on your specific case and some patients it takes a while, others just a few months. Good luck.

Randall
I'm gonna marry Jake Gyllenhaal...he just doesn't know it yet ;) :)