What are these wire hooks for ??? (pic)

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Eleni

#16 Post by Eleni »

sorry for the thread hijack, but this totally reminds me of a Gilligan’s Island episode. Anyone remember when Gilligan's mouth becomes a radio after he is accidentally hit on the head? When the regular radio is broken, Gilligan becomes the sole source of information about an approaching typhoon. The castaways make him hold his head in different positions to get better reception. :biglaf:

/end hijack

And shpawn, they look cool, whatever they are! :thumbsup:
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

shpawn

#17 Post by shpawn »

Thanks Elani,

but I really don't like them too much ..that's why I am desperately trying to find out how good they are for my case etc....so I can feel better about having them ...if this makes any sense

btw do we have any docs around here ?! (I know we used to before)

fins

#18 Post by fins »

Sorry you have to have them. I'll be in your shoes soon with the closing loops as well, and I hope I don't have to wear them too long either but I suspect I will be wearing them a while since it will be my last archwire. I really don't see the "gap" though from your photo though. Do they hurt a lot? I was already warned they will be uncomfortable.

Dreamer- how are you doing with your closing loops?

strugglebuggy

#19 Post by strugglebuggy »

Fins, it sounds like you and I are in the same boat. When were you braced? I was braced 2/8 of last year.

fins

#20 Post by fins »

Yeah, I think we are following a very similar timeline. I started treatment Jan 2005 but was braced Aug '05. Is this your first or second time in braces?

strugglebuggy

#21 Post by strugglebuggy »

I am 32 and this is my first time in braces. My parents couldn't afford them when I was a kid. I've been really impressed how fast my teeth have moved in a year. :)