Non-Surgical Rapid Maxillary Expansion--Why not??

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shinyam

#16 Post by shinyam »

First of all, Eleni, archwired.com is what's called an open forum: the whole purpose is to receive opinions and questions from everyone. All I did was post a reply to a post. Why should I apologize?

Whether I decide to sue my dentist is none of your business, I will live my life how I like. I don't care whether you like it or not, it has nothing to do with you.

I have had to endure so much with the expander, and had I known that there was a chance of relapse, I probably would have never gotten it. The dentist never warned me of any risks or complications. He never even told me I would get an expander. After I invest all this time, money, and emotion into gettting perfect teeth, how do you think I would feel if it was all for nothing?

I'm sure the medical community sees lawsuits from a different angle, but perhaps you should be able to see it from our vantage point. Without the ability to sue, people would not be held accountable for their actions, and more and more errors and negligence would result because of a carefree attitude.

I'm not out to sue the doc to get rich, just to make sure it doesn't happen to some other individual who had to endure two years of treatment for nothing.

I think if anyone needs to apologize, it's you. Calling people ignorant and flippant just because I state my intention to sue is very judgmental and immature.

Jodster

Dr. J's Further Explanation

#17 Post by Jodster »

Dr. J--thanks so much for the further explanation of the reasons behind not wanting to use expanders to flare teeth. I now completely understand in a technical sense why my ortho kept talking about the relapse that would occur in the future if he tipped my molars to correct my cross bite.

With all that you have said, is there treatment protocal along this line that would somewhat correct the crossbite with, say elastics? I just wanted to know what options are available in my case of crossbite.

thanks again.

Eleni--thank you for your comments.

Shinyam--I am sorry that you are having such a tough time with your expander. Perhaps you should visit with your ortho first thing Monday about his treatment plan for you if you are this concerned all of a sudden.
^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^!^

Ceramic Uppers 9/6/05; metal lowers 11/8/05
4 bicuspids removed 10/26/05

33 y.o. male whose parents couldn't afford braces as a teen---and YES, I TOO AM OBSESSED!!