Got 4 wisdom teeth removed- When can I start normal brushing

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ledatru

Got 4 wisdom teeth removed- When can I start normal brushing

#1 Post by Ledatru »

I've been on websites and they say "Brush without toothpaste for 3-4 days and avoid the extraction sites by at least 1 tooth. Rinse with warm salt water on Day 2"

I've had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed on THURSDAY 11 AM. It's about 2 days later on SATURDAY 11 AM.

My gums are still swollen although I have not experienced any pain yet

I'm terrified of Dry Socket, so I try not to rinse with salt water that is too warm and I do not swish hard at all, and instead of spitting I just open my mouth and let it flow out.

I need help. Thanks.
Ledatru

weird_wired

#2 Post by weird_wired »

When I had mine extracted, I was never told about not brushing with toothpaste, or avoiding anything.

And I didn't get dry socket. I'm surprised you had no pain though - I was in complete agony. Were you given prescription painkillers?

Ledatru

#3 Post by Ledatru »

Yes

I got like:

1. clindamycin antibitoics (i use this of course)
2. 600mg ibuprofen (i use this)
3. super tylenol for pain (i never used this)

So when can I start normal brushing?
Ledatru

SweetSheena

#4 Post by SweetSheena »

Hello!
How are yall, well, I go in for a consultation tomorrow about getting all 4 wisdom teeth extracted, I wanted to know if yall had alot of pain? My b/f had his done about a month ago and he seemed fine. But i think he was putting on a show like he wasnt in any pain. But I work at a Gateway call center so I was wondering how long do u think that I will be off of work? Well, I am also afraid of dry socket. so I really dont kno! If u have any advice please help!
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

Destor

#5 Post by Destor »

I think it varies a bit from person to person, but personally I recall the pain dissapearing after a week, week and a half maybe? The swelling takes about as long, be prepared to look like a chipmunk for a while. Tylenol 3 is great for the pain though.[/b]

Ledatru

#6 Post by Ledatru »

I'm good, thanks

Recovery was smooth, no pain
Ledatru