Band on bottom crown coming off

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

becky1

Band on bottom crown coming off

#1 Post by becky1 »

Has anybody had a problem with their band coming off from their crown and with the powerchain on it has pulled it more and more off so I just keep pushing it down and then I get a funny taste in my mouth from it ?And also the same tooth has a piece missing from the temporary crown and my ortho says have the dentist seal it up for you. My question is how are they going to seal it up with this band on it and will it hurt?

jenns91civic

#2 Post by jenns91civic »

You should tell your ortho about the loose band asap.
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

becky1

#3 Post by becky1 »

I called my ortho and they said they could get me in Thursday that was the easrliest. The are just going to put a new band on.

MsTiaLia

Crowns and Bands Question

#4 Post by MsTiaLia »

I had my final fillings done last week and I get my spacers the day after tomorrow. I have also had two root canals and my dentist didn't want them crowned until after my braces come off. She said, the other day, that she is going to call my orthodontist and tell him that she wants him to put protective bands on those teeth. Can anyone tell me what 'protective bands' are and what they look like??? I'm really nervous about getting braces in less than a week and a half and I think it will make me feel better if I can have all of the details I can possibly get. Thanks for your help!!

MsTiaLia