What will these wire bends do? (Pic)

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

What will these wire bends do? (Pic)

#1 Post by nvcarissa »

My ortho gave me a heavier wire yesterday and put some interesting bends in it. Are you able to look at them and tell me what they will do? Is he trying to move some teeth up or down? Which ones?

This is what they looked like just before this adjustment.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

leah

?????

#2 Post by leah »

I'm not the Doc.... But it looks like it going to bring down you right incisor.
Best wishes,
Leah
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

dr.j

#3 Post by dr.j »

I agree with Leah. These are detailing bends "beauty bends" to make achieve the artistic position of teeth.
Dr.J - Ortho

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

I'm not the Doc.... But it looks like it going to bring down you right incisor.
Do you mean MY right (left in pic), or the right in the picture? What about the bend between my two right (left in the pic) incisors? There is a bend there too.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

leah

bends in wire

#5 Post by leah »

The bends on both sides of your right incisor will help to pull that one tooth down a bit... I have alot of these bends in my wire now.
Best wishes,
Leah
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05

leah

cool things

#6 Post by leah »

It is amazing what they can do with just a little bend in your wire. Any tooth that is not level, (higher or lower) than the rest of your teeth, just a little bend will bring it up or down... Neat stuff.
Leah
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05

nvcarissa

#7 Post by nvcarissa »

Thanks for all the info Leah.

spogal22

#8 Post by spogal22 »

You're teeth are looking beautiful, but I noticed one of your front teeth doesnt appear even on the bottom. One of my front teeth does the same exact thing. I'm curious if you had any plans for correcting it or if your ortho has said anything about it. Basically, I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done about it without resorting to veneers. Thanks.

nvcarissa

#9 Post by nvcarissa »

When all is said and done and the braces are off, I will get that chip in my tooth repaired. But it will be done at my dentist's not the ortho. I am not sure what he will do, but I have had cracked and broken molars repaired by him and they look completely natural. So when the time comes, he will know what to do.

And from what Leah says, that tooth appears to be the one that the ortho is trying to pull down. If that is the case, he may be able to shape that tooth so that the chip no longer shows...depending on how far down it comes. He did mention that my next appointment would include some shaping...so maybe I can avoid the extra dental work after all.

shpawn

#10 Post by shpawn »

nvcarissa,

I just got the same kind of bends at my last adjustment.
I have them on both side, right before the canines--we're going to try to pull them down a bit.

I hope it works, I guess I'll know for sure in about 6 weeks :)