Twins - Extraction and Nonextraction treatment

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

malikara

Twins - Extraction and Nonextraction treatment

#1 Post by malikara »

In the next couple of months I will post some finish treatment photos of twins with similar amounts of crowding, one treated nonextraction and one treated with 4 premolars and the extraction treatment looks 100% better than the non extraction treatment. A good orthodontist can close space without completely moving the front teeth back and flattenning the profile. In the end, if you don't trust the orthodontists opinion, then find another. There are plenty of people who refuse to extract teeth (which I think is just as silly as extracting too often).

Randall

Dr Randall, Are you able to post photos of the twins yet?

Dr. Randall

#2 Post by Dr. Randall »

I did just finish them a couple of weeks ago. I will post the photos of their teeth and profiles to show the differences. I think that the extraction treatment looks better.

Randall

cteri

Extraction vs. Not

#3 Post by cteri »

Dear Dr. Randall,

Whatever happened to these photos you were going to post?

Cteri

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

Dr. Randall got really busy there for a while. Perhaps if he still has the photos he can post them when he gets a chance!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

cteri

#5 Post by cteri »

I hope so - this topic is so interesting and it is rare to be able to do such a comparison (twins undergoing parallel treatment)

cteri

#6 Post by cteri »

Really looking forward to it!
Thanks
CT