Braces pushed teet too far back

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jodie7

Braces pushed teet too far back

#1 Post by jodie7 »

My daughter's braces are pushing her teeth too far back and have changed her face shape to look as if she has no teeth. She looked better before, even with crooked teeth. The dentist says this is how they should be.Can anything be done to push them back forward a little?

jodie7

already talked to Dr., daughter hates her looks

#2 Post by jodie7 »

I talked to him about this 6 months ago and he told me the teeth were done moving. I was just wondering IF anything could be done or once they have been moved it is permanent. My daughter is 14 and she thinks she is ugly and hates her looks. She never had this problem before her teeth were pushed back.

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Hello! I think you should get a second opinion, if it's bothering her and you! Specially if ur paying (expensive) treatment and not liking it! It's important for her like it (specially when she's soo young). Good luck,
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

weird_wired

#4 Post by weird_wired »

Poor little thing - it's the worst age to feel unpretty.

Maybe if you post pics (of just her teeth, to preserve her privacy/anonymity) the docs her can give better advice.

But I recommend getting a consultation from another ortho.

Chris

Re: Braces pushed teet too far back

#5 Post by Chris »

jodie7 wrote:My daughter's braces are pushing her teeth too far back and have changed her face shape to look as if she has no teeth. She looked better before, even with crooked teeth. The dentist says this is how they should be.Can anything be done to push them back forward a little?
Did she have extractions?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

pinkdiamond

#6 Post by pinkdiamond »

Hi
I just wanted to let you know this happened to a friend of mine she thought the same thing about her daughter teeth and she had the ortho adjust them .I think it took about three months and she is much happier now. I would just be stern with your ortho and have him correct it . You could also maybe get your regular dentist to give him a call because I now my dentist also has ideas of what my teeth should look like hope I gave you some ideas So good luck
Pinkdiamond

pinkdiamond

#7 Post by pinkdiamond »

Hi
I just wanted to let you know this happened to a friend of mine she thought the same thing about her daughter teeth and she had the ortho adjust them .I think it took about three months and she is much happier now. I would just be stern with your ortho and have him correct it . You could also maybe get your regular dentist to give him a call because I now my dentist also has ideas of what my teeth should look like hope I gave you some ideas So good luck
Pinkdiamond

pinkdiamond

#8 Post by pinkdiamond »

Hi
Pinkdiamond

dr.j

#9 Post by dr.j »

Got some pics? This is very interesting to me.
Dr.J - Ortho

lilleth

#10 Post by lilleth »

I have kind of a similar problem. I had a very deep bit. I'm 47, had braces as a teen, deep bite came back and I have a lot of wear on my teeth. they are shorter than 15 or 20 years ago. At any rate, the ortho has moved them up and they look shorter to me now. My understanding was that the gums would move up too, but it almost looks like the teeth moved up into the gums. Maybe it's just the angle they are at. Now you can see my lower teeth, which is good, but overall I think the amount of tooth visible is about the same. So, my teeth aren't banging together and wearing as bad, but I don't know that they look a lot better.