Braces Tighten ....

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaDii_Kiki

Braces Tighten ....

#1 Post by LaDii_Kiki »

I went yesturday to get my braces tighten for the second time. My question is, i dont feel like the braces are tight after she change the wire and today ( the day after) i have no pain at all. Could they move at all or will it just be another month and probably with no change? Please answer me as soon as possible thanks.
-> [CrossBite & Crowdinq ] <-
-> [ Estimated : 18 mOs ] <-
-> [ BraceD On : 12.5.05] <-

dr.j

#2 Post by dr.j »

Adult patients ask this all of the time. You do not have to feel tightness or pain to have progress. A light,continuous force is more ideal. Many adults say "make tight doc!" and you can actually get less tooth movement if your braces are too tight. I'm sure you'll get progress. Your in month 2, just sit back and enjoy the ride!
Dr.J - Ortho

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I had my first adjustment on monday and I forgot to ask my ortho about this; I was wondering the exact same thing because I haven't been in pain at all...so its good to know this :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

lol I can associate with this. I remember thinking my ortho must've actually forgotten to do the adjustment the first time I didn't feel any tightness or pain. But quite a few of my adjustments have been pain free now and i'm still seeing progress!
Last edited by kirst1583 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

Very interesting, I'm about two weeks into braces and I feel that both my braces and expander have gotten 'tighter'....good to know that movement is happening with me too! (Plus I can wiggle certain teeth and they feel loose)
CV