Please look at the picture...I don't think it's right...

This is a read-only archive of previously asked questions. You cannot make new posts to this forum.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SJade40

Please look at the picture...I don't think it's right...

#1 Post by SJade40 »

Hello. This is sort of a follow up to another thread, about my braces being removed the next time I go to see the ortho (2 weeks), and my discontent with the way my teeth look now. I really tried my best to take a picture, so please bare with it.

Im satisfied with the way the tops look, but to me, the bottoms look lopsided and uneven (specifically to the right side, or the left when looking at the picture). I expressed this concern, and the only responses I recieved were "I'm not worried about that right now", and "Well you're going to get a retainer". Take a look, and let me know if my concerns have any merit. Thanks you.

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

hello SJade :D Your smile is looking fabulous! Although some of the unevenness (sorry for random spelling) can be cosmetically helped by buffing/sanding, probably not all of it can be fixed. This could be because before, when your bite was off, you wore your teeth down in an abnormal way (this was my case). But the 'well, you'll have a retainer' thing sort of concerned me. I would go with your best judgement-if you don't think you're ready, you're not!

Good luck, ~JA~
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

braceface1230

#3 Post by braceface1230 »

It kind of looks as if your lower midline is off a little bit. Is that what you're talking about? From reading other posts, it seems that the orthos usually wait to take care of midline and bite correction until the last part of treatment. I'm pretty sure there is a general rule of order in how orthos tend to lean towards when approaching specific areas concerning the patients treatment. I'd probably trust your ortho when he says that he's not concerned about something 'yet'. I'm sure he has his plan of attack. Ask him if he'd try to explain it a little more in depth with you. I'm sure if you explain your doubts and concerns, he'd understand.